Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

power up electric hose reel
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:02:15 pm »
as any body got the power up electric hose reel that window cleaning ware house are selling ? if so are they any good.

Ian101

Re: power up electric hose reel
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »
bob plumb ordered one last week ......... not sure if he has got it yet

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »
as any body got the power up electric hose reel that window cleaning ware house are selling ? if so are they any good.

A couple of months back Stephen Fox advised that they had sold lots of them. However, it appeared that no one on this forum had bought one then.

If Bob has ordered one he will tell us what he thinks of it.

They are also in the testing stage of an electric upgrade to the Proloc hose reel.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »
Looks like a death trap to me with non solid sides.

Would hate to get a hand caught in there.

IMO those reels are nasty, i had one and never rated it. I don't think that reel is designed to spin in at those speeds.

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:53:09 pm »

IMO those reels are nasty, i had one and never rated it. I don't think that reel is designed to spin in at those speeds.

Are you going to put some pics up of your electric reels? Be nice to see your setup

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »

Are you going to put some pics up of your electric reels? Be nice to see your setup

At the moment no, as its not completed ;)

As soon as it's done then yep will put some up.

Trev Jones

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:40:14 pm »
I have one and love it, it's great standing there watching the young lad who works for me reel his hose in by hand while I stand there just guiding my hose onto the reel ☺. I may buy him one if he keeps up the good work. It's an extravagance but we'll worth it, if it makes your body last longer in this game then all the better. Safety wise, your stood away from the reel as it winds in as you need to fix the reel into the van, if you want to stick your hand in then it will hurt just like if you stick your hand into a lathe or drill, most people have enough common sense not to do that.

Ste b

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 07:17:17 pm »
What if your hose gets tangled when its reeling in ?
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

Trev Jones

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »
If you grab hold of the hose, this is enough to stop the pull of the motor so you can turn it off ifs the tangle is bad enough, you learn to manage the hose differently and lay it out better for winding in.

marc

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »
I have one and I'm well pleased with it , I did have a problem with it when I first got it and it had to go back but since it got returned it's been fantastic I would not want to go back to doing it hand that's for sure , the way I look at it is it saves wear and tear on the body that's why I use it and that's why I use a gardiner pole
Marc

dave f

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 07:17:42 am »
i may order one,but i was wondering about it getting tangled.ie when the hose is softer when i use my hot warter set up its bad enough relling manuly, it gets tangeld very easily