Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren H

Brushes
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »
I always buy brushes from gardeniers im using the extreme at the moment but they do go out of shape lose bristles quickly im thinking off trying the tecbuk dual trim hybrid brush the one with some boars hair in the middle does any one on here use them what are they like, the gardeniers are good but they do not get rid of fly poo etc all that easy are the tecbuk much better at this and is it worth the extra money and the extra weight on the end of the pole.

Smudger

Re: Brushes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »
Short answer NO.

but, flow rates, brushes, fan or pencil jets are really a personal choice on your technique, type of work etc...

For me extreme brushes are too light and weak, I only use them for high commercial work.

Super light mixed medium is the best all round performer of everything I have tried.

Tecbuk are excellent brushes, however, you need excellent technique to use them, my one lasts well on everyday cleaning, but the staff just destroy them within a month, the bristles just curl so badly, Gardiners are tougher.
The stock is harder and less forgiving on trim and sills, so again a feather touch is req.

Lastly, the service is very, very poor!

HTH
Darren
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14:25 pm »
Me and smudger wholeheartedly disagree. Haha.

I love tecbuk brushes, and find they can take so much a use compared to gardiners.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:51 pm »
We don't disagree, ( in fact if you look back around 2 years ago I did a review where the Tecbuk won hands down over the the then current sl brush )I love Tecbuk brushes, I have no issues with brush life, however only 1 of the guys can do the same, the other 4 wreck them very quickly. So for me I stick to a product that everyone can use same applies to the aquatap and Aqua daptor.

The biggest problem with Tecbuk is customer service not the product

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Darren H

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
can you just put the gardeniers quick release  fitting onto the brush.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:37 pm »
Yes, but you will need to drill a new holes in the socket to line up with the studs on the brush head

Darran

DeLuce

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 11:01:58 pm »
I usually use the Gardiner brushes, super lite & Xtremes. However, I needed a new brush and opted to try the Tecbuk one the op referred too. I must say, it's a fantastic brush. Cleans and scrubs very well, removes snail trails quickly, I'm very pleased with it. It's a similar weight to a super light I reckon.
Looking forward to seeing what Gardiners will be bringing out in the new year though. If they packed out the Xtreme brushes with a few more bristles including hybrid style bristles, I think they'd be more robust and longer lasting, with decent cleaning power.
See what comes of it!!

Window Lickers

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:30:23 pm »
The extreme isn't densely bristled enough IMO.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »
I'd like something in weight that's between the super lite and extreme, I use the superlites on first cleans but extremes for regular.
I always feel like I'm using Thor's hammer when putting the superlite on when I've used the extreme for a while its like a brick!!