Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LTT Leathercare

Re: Leather Cleaners for trade
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 02:59:49 pm »
It may appear that the results are good but the damage has been done.  Unfortunately most detailers would not understand this without correct training.
Just giving instructions would not be enough I'm afraid.
Products for leather should do the work without the need for abrasion
Hard surfaces which these cleaning pads are good for are never cleaned in the same way as leather.
What do your detailers do when they come across micro pigments and aniline leather on their car interiors which would be found if they are cleaning high end cars and charging £100's of pounds - I'm afraid they are seriously misleading their clients if they are using this method.
Judyb 
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 03:08:34 pm »
It may appear that the results are good but the damage has been done.  Unfortunately most detailers would not understand this without correct training.
Just giving instructions would not be enough I'm afraid.
Products for leather should do the work without the need for abrasion
Hard surfaces which these cleaning pads are good for are never cleaned in the same way as leather.
What do your detailers do when they come across micro pigments and aniline leather on their car interiors which would be found if they are cleaning high end cars and charging £100's of pounds - I'm afraid they are seriously misleading their clients if they are using this method.
Judyb 
Hi Judy, i agree with you that is why i said for some types of leather it would not be suitable to use our method, and a professional detailer will use his experience when other methods are required.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 05:34:58 pm »
Not very professional to use something that damages leather   ::)roll
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 06:12:32 pm »
Not very professional to use something that damages leather   ::)roll
Hi Judy, i think its fair to say people worldwide have been using microcleaning pads now for many years both professional and unprofessional for cleaning leather as you and i both know, a professional or experienced detailer will heed the cautions explained on instruction sheets and i am sure will adhere to them, i can tell you Judy genuinely that i have been using microcleaning pads for over 10 years now and have never damaged any washable leather surfaces, and yes i will admit that microcleaning pads are abrasive and if the person using them dose so without due care and attention yes they can damage leather surfaces.   Regards Tadgh

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »
What exactly is 'washable' leather'? Not a technical term I have come across
I certainly hope that professionals do not use them as they know the damage they do
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 06:54:15 pm »
What exactly is 'washable' leather'? Not a technical term I have come across
As you Know Judy there are many different types of leather, some are safe to wash/clean with water or suitable cleaning solution, others have to be cleaned with specific creams and applicators, i no i don't have to tell you about spot testing first to know which is which.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »
tadgh, think you need to attend one of the leather cleaning trainings, Judy does one as well :)

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2014, 07:05:45 pm »
Water is never a problem for any leather as it needs moisture but incorrect solutions and cleaning methods can do serious damage if used by untrained technicians who do not use the correct 5 step assessment of the leather.  
It is still extremely unwise to use this method of cleaning whatever the leather type unless you are going to refinish to restore the damaged finish.
Anyway it seems that you are not prepared to accept that damage is being done so good luck to your customers - let's hope they have the knowledge and your support to put right what goes wrong.
Cheers
Judyb
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 12:26:29 am »
tadgh, think you need to attend one of the leather cleaning trainings, Judy does one as well :)
Hi Radek, Just to let you know i have done my leather training many years ago, i presume you have done yours and you will understand where i am coming from. First off Radek pigmented leather is the most durable and is used in the majority of leather upholstery and on most vehicle leather upholstery. I will say this again Radek so others will understand pigmented leather is the most durable available ( as its coated with a polymer layer) other than synthetic of course which is more durable again. if you look at our videos again you will see that one leather chair is synthetic leather and the other is pigmented leather and i can assure you both types are totally safe to clean with colloid chemistry and microcleaning hand pads when used with due care and attention. as you will know pigmented leather contains properties which are resistant to scuffing and fading, again i will admit that microcleaning pads are abrasive but if used with due care and attention will not cause any detrimental damage to pigmented or synthetic leather surfaces. I will say again that i have been using microcleaning  pads in combination with colloid chemistry for over 10 years and have never caused any damage to either of these type leather surfaces. Now Radek as you know your leathers i will admit that you need to use specific cleaners and applicators when it comes to cleaning or detailing Antique grain,pull-up leather,Nubuck,Suede,etc.
Just on another note Radek if you go online to purchase leather cleaning solutions you will pay anything from £7 to £10 or even more from some suppliers for a 500ml bottle of ready to use leather cleaning solution, our 750ml bottle of safe cleaning solution for leather works out at 1 euro when purchased in concentrate formula, if you go online to purchase microcleaning pads from leather cleaning suppliers you can pay up to £4 for 1 pad, our microcleaning pads which are the largest size and safest grade for cleaning leather work out at 0.75 euro and come down in price with larger volumes purchased, hope that this information may be of benefit to you.   Regards Tadgh

Alby

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2014, 06:50:00 am »
I can't believe that anyone who claims they are trained in cleaning Leather would promote an abrasive sponge for professionals to use on their customers leather suite's.
You must think we are nieve or very stupid to be taken in by this garbage.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2014, 07:57:55 am »
no tadgh i do not have a training yet, it is my plan in future but now i do not need it. if i clean leather then only pigmented leather that i do not need training for, if its damaged i do not clean it as well. also no need training to understand some basic things.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2014, 10:03:49 am »
when he refers to washable leather he is on about microfibre - not leather at all

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »
when he refers to washable leather he is on about microfibre - not leather at all
Hi CleanerCarpets, No i am referring to pigmented and synthetic leather as we have been washing/cleaning both these types for many years now with our method, if anyone can show me a safer,quicker,more effective in cost and results, i will gladly come back on here and admit there is one, not only will i admit that there is one, i will use it and also promote it to all our clients. the reason i focus on both these types of leather is because they are the most durable and most popular and easiest to clean. As an add on service to offer any clients i would consider cleaning pigmented or synthetic leather furniture to be one of the most lucrative.     Regards Tadgh

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2014, 05:07:56 pm »
no tadgh i do not have a training yet, it is my plan in future but now i do not need it. if i clean leather then only pigmented leather that i do not need training for, if its damaged i do not clean it as well. also no need training to understand some basic things.
Hi Radek, Yes i would be with you on that.        Happy cleaning Tadgh

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2014, 09:23:09 pm »
Our method is
Safer - does no damage to the finish and uses foam which us much safer than liquid
Quicker - speed isn't everything as long as the method is safe
More effective - yes as no damage is done
Cost effective - yes  very little product used and no damage done so no restoration work necessary
These types of leather are only durable if the top finish is intact which it won't  be after using this method
Aniline cleaning is far more lucrative financially than pigment coated - easier with today's cleaners too
Hope this helps
Judyb
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

JandS

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 11:33:31 am »
Resurrection time....are we saying here that the cleaner in itself is ok to use on leather but not to be used with these sort of sponges?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.