Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanerCarpets

Electrified water cleaning
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:13:34 pm »
I worked for a guy today who works for Tennant - they supply cleaning equipment. He was telling me about a new cleaning system they have patented where the water is electrically charged so it cleans without chemicals - just wondered if anyone had heard of it and if it will come onto other equipment at some stage?

Details for it are here -

http://www.tennantco.com/emea-en/equipment/Innovations/Technology/ec-h2o

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20071023005333/en/Tennant-Company-Unveils-Green-Technology-Water-Behave#.VE_M-PmsXTo

Apparantly its a real hit with hospitals etc at the moment as it sanitises and cleans (so they say!)

Kev Loomes

Re: Electrified water cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:12:46 pm »
The article in one of the links says that the 'new' system will initially be released in the Autumn of 2007, so he wasn't quite truthful in what he says - being over 6yrs ago!

I haven't heard of it in any machines, although didn't ChemDry have something like that a while back, carbonating water I think it was, not sure if it was the same...

Paul Moss

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »
Seen this a few years a go , it is very impressive ,as soon as they manage to adapt it to a machine then thus will be the next generation in cleaning.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »
Isn't this 'system' geared towards hard floors for which Tennant make machines?  As Paul says - can't see that it at present usable on carpets ???

Terry A McDonald

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »
This is indeed a few years old, its a spray bottle filled with water which passes a small electric current as its triggered - at the time the cost was ........£250.00 per bottle! So would take a long while to get your money back, even longer if clumsy cleaner breaks the bottle!!

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »
Tennant launched their ec-h2o technology into scrubber dryers for cleaning hard floors over 6  years ago, these machines with ec-h2o technology are a game changer when it comes to maintaining large hard floor areas  as you wont need to use aggressive chemicals, they are now one of their best selling machines.