Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doug Holloway

How to profit from excess calls
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »
Hi Guys

I am seeming to have more potential jobs than I can cope with and it seems a shame to waste them.

I have tried passing on work in the past for a smallish commission but haven't found some people very trustworthy!

I am thinking of employing someone but would rather something that involved less hassle.

I cover quite a large area most of Essex and some parts of London, and Suffolk so it would not be possible to pass on to one individual.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Doug

Paul Clapham

Re: How to profit from excess calls
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »
Put your prices up ?
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »
Where does the work come from? If its all your website then have area based telephone numbers and rent out these numbers....

Have 'depots' in various town with thier own number, your local 'associate' will assist with the enquirers cleaning needs

Local carpet cleaners pay a fee to be your local associate
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:54:40 pm »
Franchise. It'll be hassle setting up but less hassle than employing once you have a franchisee to cover the area/work. Would be a good idea for retirement, you could have three or more franchisees all paying you a royalty.

Or you could sell the leads. Have a fixed price per lead and sell to the same 2 - 3 carpet cleaners.

clive ware

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:08:32 pm »
Hi Doug - I`m in the same boat.
I do a job, finish it and have about 5 missed calls and messages. I think it`s just the ammount of years we`ve been doing it that you just build up a large client base who then reccommend you and each year gets busier and busier.
I keep thinking about taking someone on but that`s what I keep doing ... thinking about it!!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »
Hi Guys

Thanks for your comments.

I was thinking of going down the referral route rather than full blown Franchising.

It can be very frustrating turning down good quality work .

Cheers

Doug