Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

COLIN BRIGHT

Time wasting d***head
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »
Went to do a quotation today and had to divert though town to get to the house, she points at the suite and says ' how much' before I could give get a price she pipes up, well actually I've already decided who I going to use, it's the feller who cleans my friends across the road, so I said why have you phoned me then, she said well you were the only one that needed to look at the sofa, all the others have priced on the phone, turns out that the guy she has picked is charging her £60 for her 10 cushion 3 piece suite, now I don't care if this muppet want to clean for this stupidly low price, but I don't like peasants like her wasting my time, knowing before I've even arrived who she wanted to use...

Mike Halliday

Re: Time wasting d***head
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:52:49 pm »
I had one even better last week!!

A charity called me up to ask me to quote for thier dining room and entrance, I had given them a quote for cleaning the dining chairs about 8 months ago so asked if they had had them cleaned, she said they are trying to cut thier budget so did them themselves.

Then she said.....

"We probably will hire a machine and clean the carpets ourselves as well, but we need a quote from you  to tell our head office how much this will save us"
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:12:54 pm »
PEASANTS

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »
 ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:50:03 pm »
There's another word for them too, rhymes with hunts ;D

Simon

*Hector*

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
would that be twunts Simon??

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

wayne zabel

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:26:12 pm »
Customers you've gotta love them

Yep,had the usual text message today cancelling this afternoon's job - 10 minutes after I had turned away an urgent stain removal request.

Had to take her daughter to the doctor,where have I heard that one before?

garry22

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:48 am »
A friend of mine, a refurbishment contractor has a novel solution. They charge £ 10 k upfront for quotes. Admittedly it's another world )millions) but no one messes their firm about.

It's all about how people perceive the business. They think they can take the mickey out of carpet cleaners.

tony bish

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 09:28:35 pm »
I had one even better last week!!

A charity called me up to ask me to quote for thier dining room and entrance, I had given them a quote for cleaning the dining chairs about 8 months ago so asked if they had had them cleaned, she said they are trying to cut thier budget so did them themselves.

Then she said.....

"We probably will hire a machine and clean the carpets ourselves as well, but we need a quote from you  to tell our head office how much this will save us"
    So what was your response Mike ... ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 07:20:43 am »
I was driving past so told them I would drop in, I thought they might change thier minds or cock it up so it was still worth popping in.

The worst timewasters are those who ask for a letter to give to thier insurance company, you know they gave no intention of getting the work done and will just keep the cash. It always pees them off when I say there's a £48 charge which is deducted from the final bill :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk