Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Allen

missed appointments
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »
Had a couple of no shows recently and a customer who this morning say "no its next Monday" when it clearly was not, also had someone txt me at 07.20 saying she would not be able to make it (no valid excuse)
I know some people send out a cancellation invoice.
Can anyone show me some examples of these letters
Many thanks
Bob Allen

Simon Gerrard

Re: missed appointments
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:47:12 pm »
Bob,
Forget it, they are more trouble than they are worth.
Unfortunately we have to put up with people mucking us about from time-to-time, but it ain't worth going into battle.
Plus, yor crap anyway, so I'd cancel on you too, so would Clive ;D

Simon

Steve Gunn

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »
I tend to say ok then don't turn up the next week then when they ring just say it was last week sorry you'll have to get someone else. People just expect us to have nothing better to do

Bob Allen

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
I don't let it bother me normally but there have been a few lately
I wouldn't listen to Clive the Greek Ware he's worse than me
and thanks for you kind words Simon............you Bumder  ;D
Bob Allen

Adrian Evans

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »
Take a deposit on booking the customer, that way they are less likely to cancel on you with the thought of loosing £20..  I have had only 1 cancel since i started doing this..  ;)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:51 am »
Bob

I agree with 2/3 of Simon's answer; no comment on the last third.

Just turn the tables; have you ever had to cancel an appointment at short notice? Or been late somewhere? Perhaps a dentist has charged you a fee for being late/not showing. Maybe you've gone over time in a car park/yellow line and got a penalty charge.

I bet in any of these situations you have "pleaded" for common sense to prevail.

Ergo, it is the same when our clients let us down.......it's just that we are (mainly) soft-hearted bar stewards and agree to re-arrange.

Rog

PS These things tend to go in cycles. If you've had a few of late I guess you won't have any more for quite a while.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:07:51 pm »
it happens now and then, I always take the spare time that presents itself and go and get a coffee and a bacon butty and chill....