Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Wish this sun would bugger off
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »
Have you cleaned your glasses lately. ;D

Not actually had a eye check up in years. Mayb that's the problem. Lol.

I'm Very OCD withy work and know a few windows that give issues with the seals and drain holes, but I also know the techniques to get them to clean up nicely.

I still stick to my guns that there is a technique to get every window clean and shiny with WFP.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Window Lickers

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 01:26:59 pm »
No m8 not always the case, I use a 100psi flow with no controler, I've cleaned some windows really slow and rinsed but with the sum on them they still dry crap not all some come real good, but I gotta say I get
More satisfaction when squeegee as I know how the end result is, as with the pole you never know !!!!

If you rinse adequately whats left to smear or leave marks/drips?

Water with no dissolved crud in it cant dry dirty.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

SeanK

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »
Have you cleaned your glasses lately. ;D

Not actually had a eye check up in years. Mayb that's the problem. Lol.

I'm Very OCD withy work and know a few windows that give issues with the seals and drain holes, but I also know the techniques to get them to clean up nicely.

I still stick to my guns that there is a technique to get every window clean and shiny with WFP.

Sorry Jonny that joke was meant for Dave, maybe if he cleaned the spots from his glasses the windows would be o.k. It
could be the problem.  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:55 pm »
There's a very large development near me where the window frames are (will try to explain ) low profile
and have two openers above the glass below.
The opener drain hole is supposed to let the water drain out onto the frame below which then has a drain hole
to let the water away without touching the lower glass.
Unfortunately they don't work, the water gathers in the gap between the opener frame and the frame below and it
then leaks out past the degraded rubber seals gathering dirt onto the window below.
Not joking they can do this for hours and will nearly always leave runs on the glass.
There is no technique in the world where you will get these right using wfp unless you want to spend all day
waiting for the drips to stop.
Get a few of these on your round and I guarantee you will have a totally different outlook to wfp.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 06:49:12 pm »
There's a very large development near me where the window frames are (will try to explain ) low profile
and have two openers above the glass below.
The opener drain hole is supposed to let the water drain out onto the frame below which then has a drain hole
to let the water away without touching the lower glass.
Unfortunately they don't work, the water gathers in the gap between the opener frame and the frame below and it
then leaks out past the degraded rubber seals gathering dirt onto the window below.
Not joking they can do this for hours and will nearly always leave runs on the glass.
There is no technique in the world where you will get these right using wfp unless you want to spend all day
waiting for the drips to stop.
Get a few of these on your round and I guarantee you will have a totally different outlook to wfp.

That's one big batch of faulty windows Sean. Probably not get any other windows like that in your area unless your unlucky.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

slap bash

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »
I have found some glass in heavy road traffic areas does leave a film of grease that does effect the result in negative way.I do use a detergent or hot water on these but you need to rinse the brush before the last rinse. My pump was giving trouble and only pumping at half rate and did have spotting. Fixed it and working fine no problems. I believe more water on the glass does a better job and is faster at the end of the day.