Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Re: di problem
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 10:43:31 pm »
Yeah I'm starting to wonder that myself, toying about with just getting one big 25 ltr di bottle instead!
And the first question sorry pal you must have misunderstood me, I was just taking a little big of good resin out of one bottle that I had topped to the brim, it was the other I drained completely and refilled with fresh!

Soupy

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 11:01:37 pm »
Double di does save resin. If you catch the first bottle before it surpasses tap tds then it saves even more.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

mufcglen

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »
well cant believe it guys its not been long since my last posts and changing my resin and checked it a few days ago it was 2-3 ppm then this morning right up to 12-13ppm so its creeping up, surely this isnt right starting to rise in little over a month.
my tap water is only 75ppm so its not like 2-300 like some people use, i finished the day off as its weekend and i know the windows have dried perfect.
have i got a bad batch of tulsion mb115 or something as my other bags seem to have lasted longer than this?

alfie11

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 08:08:17 pm »
what is the TDS of the water coming out of the first DI?

SeanK

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »
Don't know if this would help or not but why not have a sediment filter between your tank and D.I.
I'm just wondering would sediment shorten the life of the resin ?
The thing about sediment is it doesn't show up as tds so there's no way of knowing how much is in your tap water.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »
well cant believe it guys its not been long since my last posts and changing my resin and checked it a few days ago it was 2-3 ppm then this morning right up to 12-13ppm so its creeping up, surely this isnt right starting to rise in little over a month.
my tap water is only 75ppm so its not like 2-300 like some people use, i finished the day off as its weekend and i know the windows have dried perfect.
have i got a bad batch of tulsion mb115 or something as my other bags seem to have lasted longer than this?

Check your tap TDS. Mine has crept up from 029 to 070 recently. I blame stagnant water in the reservoirs  ::)roll my resin has lasted 33% less this time round.
We look at them, they look through them.

mufcglen

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 09:50:50 pm »
ok guys tap water still 75ppm so not gone up.
i checked the first bottle and that was reading 88ppm so was doing more damage than not having a first one, replaced the resin out in that for fresh and put the 2nd in line back and that was reading 15ppm so its starting to rise, will have to keep an eye on it for a few weeks but all back to 0ppm as it should be.
just wondering i had abit of green algae in the tank a few weeks ago but have since removed the tank and jet washed it out clean and also got rid of abit of sediment that was floating around at bottom, could this have prematurely killed my resin?
thank im gonna order a couple of 20 inch sediment filters and then look at a 4040 ro because if im now using too much resin just from daily use then its going to be cheaper in long run than going through a bag of resin every few months.

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 10:11:36 pm »
could you have the water setup wrong sure on resin bottles theres an in and out holes maybe having them the wrong way may effect it
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

mufcglen

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »
defiately both set up in and out right pal, one of the first things i check and always when refitting!

davids3511

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 11:03:18 pm »
Personally you would be better off with an RO long term I was RO for about 4 years then switched to DI only now going back to RO in the next few weeks .

Loads easier and loads cheaper . Mike
Unless you are on a water meter

mufcglen

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 11:28:35 pm »
I'm not on a water meter pal so ro might work well for me if I can get a decent 4040 producing quick water cheaper!!

Positivity

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:00 am »
Hi Cheshire
Checking the output TDS of the FIRST vessel is just as important as checking the second vessel for 0 TDS.
The first vessel will continue to collect impurities and can go way above the TDS of the tap water you're putting through it.
Mine is usually about 85 out of the tap but I have seen the first vessel go up to 150 when I have let it go too long!!!!
P.