Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DG Cleaning

Hot water users.
« on: July 29, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »
If your Di only wouldn't you just be better off filling from the hot tap than having a boiler on board or am I missing something?

SeanK

Re: Hot water users.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »
Yes, but make sure your tank is insulated or you could lose a lot of heat over the day.
I think there are a few on here who work that way.

jarvy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:42 pm »
I could see that being a ballache. Cost if using hot water every day, and not leaving to much water in the tank overnight so it does not make the hot water you are putting in too cold. Then having the tank look like a hobo sat in the back of your van all wrapped up in blankets etc. Quite happy with the simplicity of using a boiler.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

DG Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:55:01 pm »
I reckon it's cheaper to heat the water at home and you could fill in a morning so it stays warm all day.

dannymack

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:17:19 am »
Just get a fig wash or L5 and gas bottle job done 😁

Richard ham

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:06:40 am »
You don't really want hot water in the di vessel. Check the specs on resin.Better to heat after the di.
Www.plymouth-window-cleaners.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:53 am »
You don't really want hot water in the di vessel. Check the specs on resin.Better to heat after the di.

Was wondering if hot water would effect the resin that would change things.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:54 am »
Hot water melts your resin beads. Makes it last a lot less than normal cold use.

It costs about £1 - £2 in lpg to run a boiler. Cheap as chips. I only use mine when I need to now.

Cold days or green Conny/facias.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher