Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dannymack

Extreme 45ft🇬🇧
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »
I ended up buying the extreme 45ft with the X2 extensions. I wanted the 55ft but they wasn't in stock so the girl at Gardiners said the 45 ft with the X2 extensions there's no difference. It was slightly heavier than I thought it would be but a fair bit lighter than my other 47ft pole. On this 45ft pole with the 2 extensions out on the pole doesn't go together and is leaving about 4/5 inches to reach up to extend the pole which I have to stretch abit, now does the 55ft pole have this or is that pole all together as them 5 inches does make a difference as it's taking over 6ft to extend it which I hate using it. My 47ft pole I think was around 4ft sections easy to extend but just couldn't reach some jobs and was slightly heavy hence I bought this one.

So are the 45ft with X2 ext the same as the 55ft with no extensions my question is.

Thanks for all feedback.

Richard Stevenson

Re: Extreme 45ft
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »
Could you send pictures. Of this pole, iv only used ionics ( expensive) or brodex ( get what you pay for) sorry can't help with your question.

alfie11

Re: Extreme 45ft🇬🇧
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

So are the 45ft with X2 ext the same as the 55ft with no extensions my question is.

Thanks for all feedback.

No they are different my answer is 

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »
I ended up buying the extreme 45ft with the X2 extensions. I wanted the 55ft but they wasn't in stock so the girl at Gardiners said the 45 ft with the X2 extensions there's no difference. It was slightly heavier than I thought it would be but a fair bit lighter than my other 47ft pole. On this 45ft pole with the 2 extensions out on the pole doesn't go together and is leaving about 4/5 inches to reach up to extend the pole which I have to stretch abit, now does the 55ft pole have this or is that pole all together as them 5 inches does make a difference as it's taking over 6ft to extend it which I hate using it. My 47ft pole I think was around 4ft sections easy to extend but just couldn't reach some jobs and was slightly heavy hence I bought this one.

Thanks for all feedback.

Hi dannymack

I will try to help to clarify this pole arrangement for you.

We do not sell an Xtreme45 pole - we do however sell a Super-Max45 pole. Is it this pole that you have bought? To get this pole to 55ft you probably have then bought the Super-Max #9 extension which turns it into a Super-Max50 which is the other size Super-Max pole that we sell (not 55ft). These poles are then virtually identical.

To get to 55ft you have then bought a Gardiner Modular #10 Extension Section. This slides on to the base of either the 45 with extension or the 50 and makes the pole 1 section longer. On both poles it will leave a slight gap between the #9 and the #10 clamp as this extension section is also designed to fit onto other poles.

To answer your summing up question - So are the 45ft with X2 ext the same as the 55ft with no extensions my question is.

There is no 55ft pole so it cannot be the same as it. There is a 50ft pole though and this is the same as the 45ft pole with 1x extension and then both are the same with a #10 modular extension fitted.

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »

Thanks for all feedback.

Hope you didn't think you've got an extreme when actually it's an s-max............that's got to be a bummer. Lol
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dannymack

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »
Alex I think you it's be spot on with the gap between the 9 & 10 section. I've been out to the garage taken off the 9 & 10 section and put the plastic end cap on which it makes it easier to extend as them 4/5 inches makes a difference to me. Ill probably will only use the extensions every 3 months on a couple of really high jobs, just hoping ill get the end cap off to fit the extensions on.

Thanks for explaining Alex, it's a good pole once I get it up but as I'm only 5ft 7 it can be abit hard work. The good thing I like about it is the base is so much thinner than my other 47ft pole.

And your team were very polite I must say as always.

Ps thanks for comments to you other guys to much Apprecaited

Cheers Dannymack