Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lakes and Pennine

prices per solar panel
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:33:29 pm »
got  asked to do holliday home. It has solar panels which they want doing perhapce twice a year ( House every month).

Over phone Mrs quoted £3 per panel. he was happy with this. Personaly I think its too much. we cleaned the house and pannels within 30 mins, there were 16 panels. The house itself worked out about 18 quid at 70 p a window.

So my lad is acusing his mother of exploitation and she reckons  me and him will always be poor. What do you charge?

the panels were no bother to reach, didn't need an extra long piole or anything but the house is in an isolated ruran location, but we do pass it to clean another house.

capn sparkle

Re: prices per solar panel
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:07 pm »
The missus was right because the customer accepted happily!

Like you say, easy for you to do ('cos you have the correct equipment) nightmare for the custie. I'd imagine he's renting said house out for a zillion £ a week during the 'season'. Just another cost to him.

2 of you @ 30mins plus a bit of travelling time reckon he's got a bargain.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:52:14 am »
16 solar panels, £3 each = £48.00

£18.00 for the house

so thats £66.00

chuck your travelling time and fuel into the equation...

half hours work...

Doesnt sound to shabby to me

Positivity

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:09:42 am »
I did my first one last week at £3 per panel 16 panels.
Easy money so I was feeling like I had ripped them but the missus reminded me that I used a 35' pole which wasn't cheap.
Easy job but how many householders are going to buy the kit for once or twice a year job?
I reckon I could do them at £2 per panel and still be on easy!!!!

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 09:06:57 am »
I charge £5 a panel and always get the job. As said they havnt the tools to do the clean.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:48 am »
Solar panel pricing "should" be straightforward. Unlike windows there a productivity issue.

Will £6 per year cleaning cost result in a £6 increase in productivity? If not, what's the point?
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 11:37:52 am »
50p a panel. Min charge £40

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 06:04:08 pm »
Thanks lads dont feel  so bad about it now. was looking at afew web sites last night. Didnt know there were so many ways to describe water with out calling it water...gave the lad a bit of an eye opener as well.

The mrs was right. i suppose if I were richard branson then he'd still be renting a council house and driving a 15 year old fiesta

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:10 am »

Solar panel pricing "should" be straightforward. Unlike windows there a productivity issue.

Will £6 per year cleaning cost result in a £6 increase in productivity? If not, what's the point?
;)

Stephen.C

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 08:20:48 am »
I just charge my time. Don't do that many around 5 houses now. Normally around 20mins plus add on a bit for using my supermax 55 comes in at £40.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com