Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Vans
« on: April 14, 2014, 03:39:12 pm »
Sorry me again...

Can't decide what to do.... I am debating whether to get a cheap van for say 2k or go for it and get a newer one... but I am mainly trad and will be the next few years at least with the view of getting a backpack and doing part wfp.
I'm mainly getting a van as I want a fresh look and get it all sign written and professional(thinking astra van purely cos as a trad cleaner I will be loading ladders on and off after every house)

Not sure if I want the expense of a new van as I have already bought a new car for weekends etc... but for 2k could I get a nice looking van? Or maybe look into finance or leasing one but again don't want a massive expense....

What are your thoughts? :-) Sorry to repeat the last post :-)

alfie11

Re: Vans
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:46:31 pm »
Ps was also looking at Vauxhall combos and Renault kangoo.... any thoughts on these vans also?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »
Thanks for tip...nice looking van actually... perhaps u can get something half decent for 2-3 grand :-)

robertphil

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »
53 plate kangoo for sale outside the Golden Hind pub on nacton road , looks straight

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:15:10 pm »

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 10:29:11 pm »
The good thing about Combos is the old ones are the same shape as the new ones so if you can find one with decent bodywork and paint they don't look dated.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 11:05:32 am »
I am seriously looking into a Vauxhall combo.... like you said the shape doesn't change... not sure about other vans like Peugeot partners etc?

What do you do about your bucket etc if your a trad cleaner? As with all vans there is a big open space at the back and you can hardly just put your bucket in the middle.... do a lot of people get shelves made etc?

Also it's not the smallest in height the combo as I think from research the partner is about 40mm lower(depending on model etc) would a combo be ok to offload ladders 20 times a day without using steps? I need to go and have a look at some really :-)

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »
I have a vauxhall combo and getting ladders off it is easy,the ladder rack is set back on the van so once the clamps are undone you just slide it off.
As for buckets I use ettorie with lids and the floor of the van is rubber.
I will be selling it possibly end of next month so if you have not found anything your welcome to have a look its a 53 plate with 83k on it just had new cam belt,battery and starter motor two weeks ago.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »
VW Caddy's are great vans for window cleaning we have 2 of them and have had five in the last ten years.

They are cheap and easy to repair and easily take a WFP setup with room for poles buckets and everything else we have to carry.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 04:47:32 pm »
cgh how much will you be looking for? What condition is the bodywork in? I'm assuming it's white? why are you selling it? New van? Any chance of any pics?

Vw caddy nice idea but might struggle with the budget I want to spend :-)

martinj

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:01 pm »
Ive had an ex BT combo for 2 years was 56 plate when bought, great van. Only thing to watch is the timing belt / chain. The oil filter is paper so if its had oil changes every 20k as per vauxhall you risk the filter degrading and clogging the timing tensioner which seizes the engine. Get one thats had oil and filter changes at max 10k intervals and continue this and you will be fine.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 05:53:31 pm »
Hi,I will probably sell it for around £1500 I spent £500 on it two weeks ago.
Body work is not to bad few marks on it but it is 11years old it is ex Royal Mail so it is red.
I am selling it as I need something bigger and it's time for a change I've had it since 2009.
I won't be selling just yet probably end of may as I am due to move and don't have time to look for a new one.
As for pictures I am terrible on computers and have no idea how to add them on hear,but if you google search cgh window cleaning you will see my goggle listing there are photos on there.i can send you more photos if your interested nearer the time.
Regards
Craig.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:21 pm »
Ok thanks craig :-) I'm probably looking for a white van to be honest as I want to advertise on it with company colours etc and red wasn't what I had in mind... however will keep it in mind and thanks for advice :-)