Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mike1986

Am I the only one?
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:31:49 am »
Who doesn't like gardiners new clamps? I find them really fiddley the way the clamp levers spin around. Also  bought the extension section on the slx, loosened the clamp slightly to much and lost all the little parts everywhere! Luckily I had a spare old clamp I could replace it with. Soooo much better.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:01:24 pm »
Who doesn't like gardiners new clamps? I find them really fiddley the way the clamp levers spin around. Also  bought the extension section on the slx, loosened the clamp slightly to much and lost all the little parts everywhere! Luckily I had a spare old clamp I could replace it with. Soooo much better.

Hi Mike

If you find that your levers are spinning in use it usually means that they need to be adjusted up a little tighter. Could you drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk with a photo of the bolt adjuster on the clamps and I can check your lever set type and advise on how to set them up correctly.

Alex

Simon Mess

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »

+1, i bought my 1st gardiner pole about 5 months ago, an 18' clx. Like the pole, nice and light, but not overly impressed with the clamps for the same reason as you!

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »
Give them a chance, there's a knack to using them efficiently.
I didn't like them to start but I think they're brilliant now.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

+1, i bought my 1st Gardiner pole about 5 months ago, an 18' CLX. Like the pole, nice and light, but not overly impressed with the clamps for the same reason as you!

As above - Drop me an email with your details. As your CLX is 5 months old though it will probably not have the latest lever sets with new locking facility. If you drop me an email I can arrange to have a free set sent out to you along with instructions on how to set them up correctly for maximum ease of use.

st teath windows

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:14:28 pm »
Had my clx just short of 4 years, yes have had to reglue the clamps , so what!. yes my sections spin from time to time , so i adjust the clamps, so what ! Is a good pole for what it cost me 4 years ago , dont understand all the whinging online, if you have a problem get on to them direct not via here !

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:11 pm »
when i first got the new self adjusting clamps i had nothing but problems with them spinning and having to constantly re adjust them on a daily bases, however since gardeners sent me the upgraded ones (basically the bolt is fixed into the barrel) i haven't had the problem with them spinning or have not had to adjust them once since i put them on about 2 months ago. The upgrade really did solve the problem.

mike1986

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »

Hi Mike

If you find that your levers are spinning in use it usually means that they need to be adjusted up a little tighter. Could you drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk with a photo of the bolt adjuster on the clamps and I can check your lever set type and advise on how to set them up correctly.

Alex

mike1986

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alex. I will send a picture as soon as possible. I bought mine about 10 weeks ago, so not sure if I have the latest clamps?

mike1986

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
Had my clx just short of 4 years, yes have had to reglue the clamps , so what!. yes my sections spin from time to time , so i adjust the clamps, so what ! Is a good pole for what it cost me 4 years ago , dont understand all the whinging online, if you have a problem get on to them direct not via here !

Simon Mess

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:45 pm »
[/quote

"all the whinging"?

I'm not sure anyone was whinging, just one person expressing their opinion, and asking if anyone else felt the same way. Which i do. I can work with my pole clamps fine, and i have had over 4 years of working with brodex stuff beforehand, so i am well used to 'making do'. I just happen to feel that the gardiner clamps are not all they are cracked up to be.

But it is just this kind of barely concealed hostility that perhaps prevents people expressing opinions on gardiner products unless it is to sing there praises.

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 12:25:57 pm »
Had my first ever Gardiner clx 27 for about 6months now the only problem i had was the pole hose in the winter (i was offered a free sample of the all weather instead)
However since the weathers picked up the hose is fine!
Top pole and will never use anyone else now

st teath windows

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »
Why didnt the opening poster go direct to gardiners if he felt there was a problem instead of coming on here? I know in would! And i am not defending gardiners one bit here just saying what i think.