Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott mcdougall

Best method for heating water
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:32:03 pm »
Hi
I wanna start heating my water and was wondering what would be best way,
I have a generater and was thinking fixing that up to electric heater so could heat water on way out at back ov van  when needed.
Could I just use larger shower heater running off generater or is it not that easy lol

Jonny 87

Re: Best method for heating water
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:37 pm »
Easiest way is the way that Darren (smudger) showed me.

A heating element you just drop into your tank for about four hours before work. No messing with cutting holes in your tank, or getting lpg heater.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

scott mcdougall

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »
Got any links for decent ones mate or model names which are better ones

Cheers

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:37:59 am »
eBay item number

there's lots like this, a 1500 kilowatt should heat about 500 litres of pure to 30 ish degrees in 5 hours. Just have to test it out on your set up. Put it on a timer etc.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

steven ainger

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:25:32 am »
Hi
I wanna start heating my water and was wondering what would be best way,
I have a generater and was thinking fixing that up to electric heater so could heat water on way out at back ov van  when needed.
Could I just use larger shower heater running off generater or is it not that easy lol

What do you want to heat the water for ??
Is it for added cleaning power or gor frost protection in the winter/sipple hoses.
Imo, if you want it for the frost protection the drop in heating element is the way to go.
If you want it for cleaning benefits like first cleans/con' roofs/ gutter fascis, then the lpg water heater is the way to go.
Ots more versatile & It will produce hotter water on demand when needed and warm/cold water if your cleaning , for example , old fragile glass in cold weather.