Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jim m

hose keeps going slack
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:37:04 am »
just wondering if anybodys elses hose keeps going slack on there plastic hase reel? how do you cure this.

jim m

Re: hose keeps going slack
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:58:14 am »
any idea lads

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:06:11 pm »
End is disconnected therefor no pressure.

jim m

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »
so reel my hose back in before I turn pump off, is that what u mean sherwood

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:19:57 pm »
Have you got any leaks is what sherwood is asking?

The pressure in the hose is what makes it 'stiffer', so if you haveva leak all the pressure will get released making your hose 'slack'

I'm taking it by slack you mean floppy?

(Also now the temps higher, your hose will be more floppy anyway)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:20:03 pm »
The only reason for a hose reel to go slack is that water is emptying from the hose after you have reeled it in. It's with switching the pump off and then having a leak somewhere. Or disconecting the reel from the pump after you have reeled it in. Maybe opening the flow valve or leaving a pole plugged in.

When does the reel go slack exactly?

Simon.

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »
Unfortunately that's what happens with old hos.  ;D

jim m

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »
the hose is not that old. what I mean by slack is when im reeling my hose in its not going tight on the reel.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »
it's cos your hose is stiff and your reel has no brake on it. Change the hose or make some kind of brake to slow the reel down. My thermobore with cold water was so bad for this that I had to take it off.

oldman

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 06:17:34 am »
the hose is not that old. what I mean by slack is when im reeling my hose in its not going tight on the reel.

While 'reeling-in' your hose, you need to keep some tension on the hose while guiding it back onto the reel with your other hand.

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 07:08:32 am »
At a guess seen as you have not explained properly i am guessing that when you are un-reeling hose you are pulling it to hard which causes the reel to rotate 2-3 times after you have stopped thus creating slack hose on reel .

Unless you spool this off and change your technique in future this will happen all the time , If you dont reel the hose in correctly then so the hose is tight over the reel then you will continue to have this issue .

If you are still struggling then you really should stay at home as you might end up in mischief  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D . Mike