Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Awkward Customer Called Me
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:26 am »
Last year I had to go back to a job after custy said the windows are still dirty, I went to have a look and there was sealant on the glass after the windows had been replaced.
(he was a regular customer)

I told him to contact the blokes that fitted the new glass or I would charge a builders clean.

he was insistent that I clean them again so I did and still the sealant was there, he never paid for the second clean.

cheeky git called me last Monday asking when I was coming to clean the windows again, I told him I don't do that area any more.
good riddance I think,

dazmond

Re: Awkward Customer Called Me
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:40:13 am »
if it was just one window i would clean it off no problem for no extra charge.keeps good customer relations.

if it was on every window id offer to clean them but at 3 or 4 times my normal price.take it or leave it.if he wanted me to clean it off for my normal maintenance cleaning price they wouldnt get done.

simple! :)
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »
it was on most of the windows, but he said the pole didnt clean them properly, I did tell him the pole would not get sealent off, but I still had to clean to prove a point to him.

Dick

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »
You should have told him the real reason why you weren't doing them again, that's unless you don't still do the area, don't let them call the shots.
I cleaned today and the customer said he'd had some new d/g panels fitted, I said the insides need cleaning as they were all smeared, he said the fitter had done it with some glass cleaner, they were really bad, someone had used windolene which is difficult to remove with water based product.