Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

aqua-tap. first day out
« on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:23 pm »
well it was my first day ou with the aqua tap.good in theory but what a twatto turn on and off its just to stiff and hopeless at hight in the end i had to give in and use my aquadapter.i aint usualy one to give in but haveing tried differant senarios it beat me . i even tried a tiny bit of greese to try and slacken it off ??? but to no avale.i think the bore needs to be a tad lager .or the orings smaller.over come the stiffness.and its a good idea. another gaddget in the back of the shed.

Peter Fogwill

Re: aqua-tap. first day out
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:16:50 pm »
David this is the first time anyone has said its too stiff, are you using a narrow cill brush with a gooseneck?  Send me your address and I will send you another one along with a stamped adressed envelope to send that one back. Although I have never had a problem in the past it could have an internal problem.

Peter

dave f

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:56:26 pm »
hi im using a angle adapter and gardiner brush ,not a sillbrush.ill pm .my add.thanks for being quick to reply

dave f

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:03 pm »
sent add peter let me know if youve recived it cheers

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »
Don't think PM works in here, you can text me on 07751964450, I am out and about today but will send it tomorrow. Thanks.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »
Not yet how did you send it?

Pro-Poler

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:57:34 pm »
What brushes specifically can't be used, I like Gardiner sill brushes and I wouldn't call mine narrow. How narrow is narrow.

paul13

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 05:07:06 pm »
Gardener sill brush is fine that's what we use

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »
Yes any brush should work fine although the wider the brush the more leverage on the glass before it wants to turn. I was going on to say earlier but I sort of thought it was not the problem, but here is what I have came across in the past.  Someone was resting the brush on the glass and turning the pole and thinking it wasn't working as the brush was tilting as the pole was turned. in this case all that was needed was a bit of push on the brush against the glass while turning.  I did think this would be obvious for people but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I was going to leave that out because I reckoned that was not the problem Dave was having. Might come in useful for some though.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »
DaveF, still no sign of your details.

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »
LOVING MINE ;D

dave f

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:09 am »
peter swent txt last night .let me know if you got it .my email is in my profile .ill give you a ring to night if thats ok

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »
Got it now Dave.  I think you had sent the text to the wrong number.