Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Sparkle

One off cleans how much ?
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:43 am »
I've recently been approached by customers only wanting a one off clean! 

I've been quoting for an average 3 bed house £25! They seem shocked and can't believe how dear I am !

If it was a regular 4 to 6 weekly I would do it for £10/12

Am I to expensive on one offs?

alfie11

Re: One off cleans how much ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »
Your price seems very fair, Do you really want one offs?A lot of windies will not do em,Because of spotting and dirty frames I will not wfp a one off i always trad em then they become a decent earner. If its not on my round/day £40 min

C o z y

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »
Double. They're not much use to me as they slow me down, and usually take twice as long to do as they've not been cleaned very often. Take it or leave it.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

dannymack

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »
Wouldn't bother, unless your hard up for £25 👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Pro-Poler

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »
price em same as first time cleans I do, same time taken by me so same price quoted.

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 03:40:28 pm »
Not worth bothering with one off's  imo, unless you really need the work. Too much hassle!. But if you are getting grief about the price, explain that this is because it is a one off and is going to take much longer than if you were doing it regular.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »
From £40 ............ funny enough don't get any  ;)

JackieW

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 05:26:06 pm »
I  triple my regular price. The customer says no. Generally.

trippyboy

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »
I love one offs, always charge 2 or 3 times a regular clean, its like take it or leave it Mrs. If they leave it you have lost nothing,if they go for it its an extra 25 30 quid plus in your sky rocket

gary999

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 06:23:18 pm »
yep like one offs double the price and generally on 50% more
work :)

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »
price high and avoid them.
The winner if priced low is the once year customer

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 09:39:37 pm »
Think I may have been had on a one off today

phone call last week of a lady who says she cant get a decent window cleaner etc etc and would I please take her on ... know the area as used to have a round there so priced it without seeing it on her description 3 bed semi with small half conny  £14 monthly ... turns up and cleans it thinking she was out then see her inside so wave and carry on

does job and they were minging  :( but hey that's what first cleans are all about .. knocks for payment and as she hands it over she says did you do the glass roof on the conservatory ?? ............... err no I says as we only priced for the windows ............ she then says well it will only take you 5 mins after all all you do is squirt water from the pole thing and brush  ::)roll ::)roll .... so says yes I can clean the roof next month but it will be £60 extra .... her face was a picture  :o :o :o ... but you only squirt the water on it so not paying £60 for that and off she huffs  :-\

don't see this being a long term relationship  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »

phone call last week of a lady who says she cant get a decent window cleaner etc etc and would I please take her on ... know the area as used to have a round there so priced it without seeing it on her description 3 bed semi with small half conny  £14 monthly ... turns up and cleans it thinking she was out then see her inside so wave and carry on

does job and they were minging  :( but hey that's what first cleans are all about .. knocks for payment and as she hands it over she says did you do the glass roof on the conservatory ?? ............... err no I says as we only priced for the windows ............ she then says well it will only take you 5 mins after all all you do is squirt water from the pole thing and brush  ::)roll ::)roll .... so says yes I can clean the roof next month but it will be £60 extra .... her face was a picture  :o :o :o ... but you only squirt the water on it so not paying £60 for that and off she huffs  :-\

I've had a few do that to me.lol

Now if any house had a conservatory I make sure that they know my price is not for the conservatory roof.

That's an extra add on they can ask me as and when they want it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 10:21:03 pm »

we need to work on our people skills ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 10:30:40 pm »

'Good point love, I'll lend you my pole for 5 minutes-see how you get on'
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

robertphil

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
if you arent too busy they are a nice thing to round off a week doing , cash only for a hotel bed for the night  for you and yer  ladyfriend

id never do them early on in the week as one timers theyll sap your strength bigtime