Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: getting put off vivaros
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 09:15:18 am »
I just bought a 59 plate primastar 2.0 115 bhp with 112k on clock for 4 k I cant fault the van.......but after reading some of these posts im beginning to wonder if it was the right choice :-\

Ben wood

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:47 pm »
Fair play but what's the point in spending in great poles if a cheap van breaks you can't use them lol. I think your Ideal van would be a Citroen dispatch 57 reg onwards with  the 1200 kg payload. You can get them for around £4000 now. Then you could chuck a 650 tank in there and never have to worry about water usage mate. 

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »
Newer vans have been built to be euro emission compliant making the injectors much more complex, also modern diesel has lower sulphur levels so less lubrication in the fuel. This causes the injectors in modern vans to fail far more often than in older vans.  A van that is over 10 years old will have a much more basic but reliable engine. However if you live close to the London LEZ an older van isn't an option. You also get more power from the modern engines with better fuel economy.

Simon.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 03:58:19 pm »
Got a silver 06 vivaro, bought it for 3800 and its brilliant, 1.9cdti, 6 speed gearbox, remapped to. 130 bhp off whoever had it before me,

But yea brilliant to drive, you just dont no whos had it before you do you thats the problem buying a 2nd hand vehicle. Could have been ex fleet vehicle or anything, workers screw the crap out of work vehicles dont they

robert mitchell

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 04:13:18 pm »
the thing is , there are so many vivaro/traffic/primastars on the road that you are bound to hear more problems with them same as you hear about so many transits rusting .

The traffic/vivaro is very nice to drive , good on fuel and you barely notice there is a ton of water etc in the back.

They also have a very comfortable driving position .

The most reliable vehicle i have ever owned is a t4 vw transporter , no common rail ,very few electronics , and very very simple to fix .

They don't drive like a car though , they wallow round corners and are quite slow even the 2.5tdi , not very refined either , just an amazing reliable workhorse .

www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »
how much did the toyota hiace cost you lads?i dont like the look of them but if their pretty bombproof then could be an option.

ive seen some mega old ones still going! ;D

also expert/dispatch/scudos.loads of builders and plumbers use them!

i want my new van to last 5 years.ill only be putting 15000 miles on it(max)in that time!

My Hiace 280 was three years old with 100,004 miles on the clock when I bought it for £5,400 four years ago.

It's now done 119,000.  Five MOTs (one when I bought it) have resulted in three new bulbs previously and two anti-roll bars this time.  I have it serviced annually and nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

Vin

Jonny 87

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »
how much did the toyota hiace cost you lads?i dont like the look of them but if their pretty bombproof then could be an option.

ive seen some mega old ones still going! ;D

also expert/dispatch/scudos.loads of builders and plumbers use them!

i want my new van to last 5 years.ill only be putting 15000 miles on it(max)in that time!

There not cheap daz. :(

As far as price goes, hiaces are one of the more expensive vans on the market. But they are solid. I actually think they look ok aswell, big 2.5 litre engine is a little thirsty, but fine really considering the reliability.

I'm not going to willy wave so I'll just say I bought mine a few months ago, 2007 model with 40,000 miles and it was a lot more than your 4k budget unfortunately.

Would definitely agree that older style engines are more reliable.

Apart from transits, even the modern ones are pretty reliable.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

PoleKing

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:20 pm »
Newer vans have been built to be euro emission compliant making the injectors much more complex, also modern diesel has lower sulphur levels so less lubrication in the fuel. This causes the injectors in modern vans to fail far more often than in older vans.  A van that is over 10 years old will have a much more basic but reliable engine. However if you live close to the London LEZ an older van isn't an option. You also get more power from the modern engines with better fuel economy.

Simon.

Do you know your oats bud?
The lubrication in the fuel, would adding an er...additive be beneficial? Something like Wynns or something? Or is that all toot?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

kempy

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 08:22:09 pm »
Transit looks basic mate , but I spend very little on mine the 57 plate onwards are very very good to drive .
Why pay loads , get a tranny

Lee GLS

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:16 pm »
Kempy, you got your transit at a really good price, but in gereral I found transits to be more expensive than the vivaros. But saying that, all vans are expensive at the moment.

Twc services

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »
T5 transporter  :) 180bhp it flys with 500kg in the back !!!

180BHP-it'd fly with 5,000kg in the back!
What a van.

Have you got the 4Motion one?

Not got a 4 motion  :( just a standard version. Still goes alright  ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 12:09:54 am »
Get yourself a dispatch daz.i paid 7.5k plus vat 2010 lwb 2.0 minter.
Best thing ive bought so far for business.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

tench0771

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 07:07:26 am »
my scudo has bin spot on 1.9d slow but very relible over 140k on the clock the only things ive done to it is starter moter,glow plugs,battory ,ill b up grading to a toyota haice or a transit next as i need more space

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:15 am »
woods i do very well for myself mate but i would never buy a brand new van. ;D

i spend my money on lots of things.vans is NOT one of em! ;) :)

regards

dazmond

With regards to mileage, im the same Daz, I only do minimal annual mileage, which was also a factor in me opting to buy a brand new Berlingo.

Also, I use my work van for personal (again, not that I do a lot of driving, but still) so I want a decent set of wheels, not a shed.

;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 08:58:47 am »

Simon.

Do you know your oats bud?
The lubrication in the fuel, would adding an er...additive be beneficial? Something like Wynns or something? Or is that all toot?

Wouldn't say I know my oats but yes you can add lubrication to fuel to reduce wear to the injectors and fuel pressure pump.  If you do a search on it you'll find that 2 stroke oil was about as effective as anything else.  I've tried it before and there are no ill effects, the amount that you put in is negligible but enough to stop the injectors wearing from friction.

Simon.

G.W.C

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2014, 11:36:35 am »
so have the problems with the gear boxes and injectors been sorted since 2006/07?i still fancy one something around 09/10 sort of year and the issues mentioned are the only thing putting me off

Marc Stock

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2014, 12:24:41 pm »
My connect was £4995 full service history, 108,000 miles 1 year warranty one prev owner. 08 plate bought it in 2012. Transit connects are smart vans,popular but reliable.

Personallyi dont see the point in spending 10 or 20 grand on a van unless you lease it or have a large business with alot of vat to claim back.

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »
daz have been looking at a few vans as having loads of trouble with my movano, My last van was a transit, v reliable 7 years. It was an ex police and that ie the way i woulod go againe. there is a sitr..force vans. based in oxfordshire. all vans only had one owner...police so maintained to high standard. only trouble is vat involved