Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NorthLock

Chance to quote
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »

Chance to quote 
Hi

I have the chance to put in a  quote on a University for 3 days work! its to cover the great north run and the university is going to be used as i hotel.....but never done such a short turn around before as they are asking for just over 1000 rooms to be done in 2 -3 days! each room will be a sparkle clean as the guest will only be there the most 2 days! was wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before and if they could give me even just a little bit advice? mainly about on how many staff? etc....

regards

BDCS

Re: Chance to quote
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »
Best of luck  ;) I did the drains on a hall of residence that had been refurbed - they were very small and had a water outlet to connect a hose and clean the shower room. BUT that was the new rooms - the old ones were less cleaner friendly. Universities would normally have their own cleaners / contractors where are they and could you not use their staff ? they would know the building,  the rooms, laundry, linen store etc

Griffus

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:34:28 pm »

Chance to quote 
Hi

I have the chance to put in a  quote on a University for 3 days work! its to cover the great north run and the university is going to be used as i hotel.....but never done such a short turn around before as they are asking for just over 1000 rooms to be done in 2 -3 days! each room will be a sparkle clean as the guest will only be there the most 2 days! was wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before and if they could give me even just a little bit advice? mainly about on how many staff? etc....

regards

Don't waste your time unless you can cover the job. Let's say things go well and you do a room in 30 minutes (unlikely if the uni's I've seen are anything to go by). You're looking at a minimum of 500 man hours over three days. Assume 10 hours per man per day and you're looking at 50 man days. You have three days. You therefore need at least 17 people per day.

And more realistically you should add two and double it.

If you can manage it then go for it but be ready for a very rough ride  :o

Neil Jones

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »
That's providing nothing goes wrong and there are no call backs as well

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »
I could point you in the direction of someone who would be happy to give you all the staff you may need for this job.

Straight up guy - worked with him loads in the past and I looked at a project today for him.

I would never turn a job down, I would just find someone to sub it to or find the staff and do it myself.

You will only be able to do these jobs if you get on with them or share them with someone with more experience & staff.

Let me know

Rob

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:18:54 pm »
I've quoted four jobs in the last week. These alone would equal 50% of last years turnover, if they all come in. I don't think anyone else is in the frame for three of them!

Had a phone call tonight that may be an absolutely enormous opportunity.

You will only know what you are capable of by stretching yourself.

Rob

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »
Haha I subbed a job today and was completed in London. Guy wasn't happy when 'Herts Pressure Washing' turned up. Agreed the price, job was done and more than agreed, so why moan?  :-\

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:00 pm »
Is he on here Lee, I have spoken to him or he was called in on a store a couple of years ago that was on my radar?

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 11:29:44 pm »
Yeh he's on here mate