Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Best [online] text message service
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
Hi!

I know some of you guys send out messages to your clients using an online service.  I am looking to do something similar, but currently use an ancient nokia to send them!

cheers

Richard
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

bobplum

Re: Best [online] text message service
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »
Textlocal, Chester based, 100 texts something like £4.00
Any technical problems are always sorted very quickly

of course the more you buy the cheaper

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19:38 pm »
Textlocal, Chester based, 100 texts something like £4.00
Any technical problems are always sorted very quickly

+1

Top quality service.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:24:02 pm »
Not knocking you guys that use a text service but, why don't you use your phones?

I have all my customers numbers on my phone and send them a generic text when they are due.
You can't polish a turd

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »
the signal is terrible Dave were i live, some nights i have to wear my wives clothes just to get a good signal :o

so believe me its a lot less fuss doing it with like of Textlocal. i may do 6 a night and in one click they are all gone

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:07 pm »
Not knocking you guys that use a text service but, why don't you use your phones?

I have all my customers numbers on my phone and send them a generic text when they are due.

some nights there are 45 texts.
most nights is 20 minimum.
i use cleaner planner aswell so tick all the custies who need texting and send them all in one go. dead simples...bit like me ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 11:59:28 pm »
thanks guys...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:06 am »
it;s not cheap is it.

i;ve just checked out the service and your looking at 6p per text, which is a lot more than if you use a mobile phone for it.

not convinced by them at the moment.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

steve123

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 01:45:27 pm »

i use cleaner planner aswell so tick all the custies who need texting and send them all in one go. dead simples...bit like me ;D

Whats cleaner planner?   

Michael Peterson

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »
what i use i have found the best and the cheapest around,

you will need a smartphone or a ipad

i connect to wifi and download the textme app, cheap you can get free texts and if your using an ipad its really easy, just uses your internet signal, you get a number they can text back to aswell

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 03:48:56 pm »
it;s not cheap is it.

i;ve just checked out the service and your looking at 6p per text, which is a lot more than if you use a mobile phone for it.

DEPENDS ON THE VOLUME AND ITS NOT A CONTRACT

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »
it;s not cheap is it.

DEPENDS ON THE VOLUME AND ITS NOT A CONTRACT

i reckon it'd gonna cost me about £40 a month for what i need...  i could get a new iphone with unlimted text messages for that much!   seems too expensive.  to be fair they all come in at around the same price tho
iSparkle Window Cleaning

jonathan lorentsen

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 04:36:53 pm »
I got an virgin media phone Sim with unlimited text messages for 15 pound a month. Plus you can use it for phone or internet. We looked into text sending but think the generic text message to customers from a mobile is the easiest. You can save template texts in Android, not sure about iPhone but sure they must do the same

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 05:58:44 pm »
I got an virgin media phone Sim with unlimited text messages for 15 pound a month. Plus you can use it for phone or internet. We looked into text sending but think the generic text message to customers from a mobile is the easiest. You can save template texts in Android, not sure about iPhone but sure they must do the same

hey jonathon

i think i'll probably go down a similar route too.  much less expensive
iSparkle Window Cleaning

dave0123

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 12:36:52 am »
i reckon it'd gonna cost me about £40 a month for what i need...  i could get a new iphone with unlimted text messages for that much!   seems too expensive.  to be fair they all come in at around the same price tho

Just get a gifgaf sim card for £10 per month you get:

500 UK minutes
Unlimited UK texts
1GB Internet
Free to giffgaff

Or another package of theirs for £7.50 is:

200 UK minutes
Unlimited UK texts
250MB Internet
Free to giffgaff numbers

You can't go wrong and its not a contract i don't think so your not tired in.. works like pay as you go would.
Dave.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 12:24:12 pm »
Richard, check out mighty text. It links to your android, you compose the text and add the numbers on your PC, mighty text sends them through your phone so they come out of your allowance.

Craig downey

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »
I use text burst, costs about 5p per message, and when the text is received it shows on their phone as a name not number.  Also gives you a report delivered etc. you can also put web site links on it and if they click the link that is shown on report too.

Craig downey

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:29 pm »

What is cleaner planner? I can only find a log in page online but won't give me the option to register?

Klean07

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »

Plus            1
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »
Richard, check out mighty text. It links to your android, you compose the text and add the numbers on your PC, mighty text sends them through your phone so they come out of your allowance.

Cheers David's,

This looks great.  I'm gonna check out some android phones tomorrow.  Good tip :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning