Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Extreme cill brush
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:20:24 pm »
Here are a few pics of a cull brush that I have modified. I think it has been done before but thought some of you might find it interesting

I have found the new range of extreme brushes to be inadequete and with the storms I've had to use a SL DT flocked brush which is excellent but I have found it too heavy and I like to rinse on the glass and I don't feel happy doing that with a flocked brush.

So as a conpromise I have removed the cill cleaning bristles along with some of the stock and have managed to get the weight of the cill brush down to 200g which I'm hopeing will be a good conpromise between the weight of an extreme and a SL.

I will try this out next week and see how I cleans as I have not used a cill brush before maybe I will get a stiff version and put that on a diet as well

Dave Willis

Re: Extreme cill brush
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »
Have you tried the new white and blue Extreme yet?

I like the idea of having two completely different type of bristles in the same brush. I've had the same problems as you.
It's not so much the fault of the brush, more so the amount of dirt deposited over the Christmas period. The flocked Superlights are too heavy for me these days. There used to be a flocked extreme in the range - I've got one somewhere but didn't like it (can't remember why  ;D).
Most brushes feel quite good in the hand when dry but are very different when wet.

Ps. your brush looks very similar to the mixed extreme but with one extra row of white outer bristles?

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:37:35 pm »
I haven't tried the new Blue/white extreme yet.

This cill brush has 1 row of extra bristles, but, it has more bristles per bunch, I think, if I counted correctly, there are the same number of bristles per bunch as there is on a SL medium mixed.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:15:02 pm »
I've been playing around with different length bristles. By trimming bristles the stiffness can be fine tuned a bit but without changing brushes between panes with the same dirt it's hard to be sure which works best. Flocked brushes certainly feel like your removing more dirt but whether you are is hard to be sure.

The whirlwind jetstream is an idea that might scrub better on glass only but would be useless on frames. Now, a combination of centre pad and bristles might work - probably impossible to make though.

Maybe we are just too picky.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:24:01 pm »
lol am i the only guy who thinks all the brushes are pretty good and dont mind using anything, when i buy a pole i just use the first free one in the list