Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

anyone know any cheap plylining places?
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:30:44 pm »
looking to get my little £400 snotter plylined and for the cost of buying plywood and taking my time to do it myself, ive seen a place in bolton who do it for £109 and they'll fit it for free!
just wondered if anyone know of any places cheaper?

dazmond

Re: anyone know any cheap plylining places?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:20 pm »
thats sounds like a good price mate including fitting!!
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:47:56 pm »
I'm pretty sure you won't get it cheaper than that.

I just paid £130 cash for my toyota hiace.

It was through a friend though, and if not it would have been nearly £200 easily.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:51:25 pm »
That place in Bolton is the cheapest around.

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:06:45 pm »
cheers guys, just wanted to see if there was anybody else cheaper, looks like im going there then before i start building my system.
heres theyre website for anyone else interested in futurehttp://www.thevanliners.co.uk/

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
the cheapest places i know of are in Bolton and Milton Keynes.

CNC cut and both are great.

Don Kee

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
Protectakote your floor before you plyline it
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »
Plyline the sides but don't plyline the floor. Water getting between the floor and the wood will remain damp and start to cause rusting.

My recommendation is to just protect the floor with Protectkote. It also make the floor non slip.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »
the thing is i want the floor to be totally flat rather than ridged like it is, im not too bothered about water getting underneath floor as i'll only be keping the van a year or so and then i'll probably weigh it in or sell it cheap as it wont be worth much anyway!
i might just get a piece of cheap plywood and do the floor myself as its already got the sides and arches boxed in but the woods really old and scruffy looking!

andyM

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 02:13:36 pm »
For what you paid for your van I wouldn't bother ply lining it.
The ply lining won't really serve any useful purpose for using the vehicle as a wfp van.
In fact it will only add extra weight.
I would either remove the old scabby ply that is already there or paint it black or something.
As others have said if you are going to do anything paint the floor to help prevent rust.
Just my opinion.
One of the Plebs

mufcglen

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »
its a tough one pal as i dont want to throw money at the van when it only cost me £400 but then after a £40 full service and cambelt i know its gonna run forever so will probably get over a year out of it and for £109 im thinking it will be all fresh flooring and walls in the back and for everyday use it might be worth it plus if i got a later parthner when this one dies a death i could put my ply kit in that,this current one seems to have oil stains etc and not very nice to work out from as it is!

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 07:07:57 pm »
its a tough one pal as i dont want to throw money at the van when it only cost me £400 but then after a £40 full service and cambelt i know its gonna run forever so will probably get over a year out of it and for £109 im thinking it will be all fresh flooring and walls in the back and for everyday use it might be worth it plus if i got a later parthner when this one dies a death i could put my ply kit in that,this current one seems to have oil stains etc and not very nice to work out from as it is!

Absolutely 100%, you won't be taking the ply from one van to put in another.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.