Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

I'm usually quite calm....but...
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:33:35 pm »
Now people who know me would regard me as generally a pretty mild mannered chilled out entertainer..As well as a bloody good window cleaner !

But, since we went over to wfp ( Aug 2012 ) there is one thing that really really annoys me ( calm down Ju )

We've got a busy day ahead, lots of houses to do ( not as many as some jokers on here ) cause we're only doing 107 houses today !

Then it happens...yes..oh yes....you know what I mean..

That insignificant  84 metres ( my business partner broke the other 16m in a fit of anger ) is playing ball winding in or out perfectly and then it thinks, hang on im not having this ! I'm gonna snag myself on that wheelie bin wheel, branch of a small bush, tiny edge on a slab, pointing on a wall, or anything else that I couldn't snag on if I tried !

It becomes a challenge between man and hose..

Hose usually wins !

There ends the scripture

AAArrrggghhhh

ben M

Re: I'm usually quite calm....but...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:15 am »
you did 107 houses today?

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:09:31 am »
I wound the hose in the other week and after a bit of a battle, it suddenly went free. Carried on winding to find an (ex) newly planted rose bush attached to it with several thorns right through the hose and a one inch tear.

107 houses, that's for newbies, children and OAP's. I do more than that before lunch and on my own.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:37:43 am »
I wound the hose in the other week and after a bit of a battle, it suddenly went free. Carried on winding to find an (ex) newly planted rose bush attached to it with several thorns right through the hose and a one inch tear.

107 houses, that's for newbies, children and OAP's. I do more than that before lunch and on my own.

Pah! Lightweight I do 100 houses before I stop for a coffee (Elevenses).
It's a game of three halves!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:44:14 am »
After said few goes you won't really get caught on anything mate

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »
Now people who know me would regard me as generally a pretty mild mannered chilled out entertainer..As well as a bloody good window cleaner !

But, since we went over to wfp ( Aug 2012 ) there is one thing that really really annoys me ( calm down Ju )

We've got a busy day ahead, lots of houses to do ( not as many as some jokers on here ) cause we're only doing 107 houses today !

Then it happens...yes..oh yes....you know what I mean..

That insignificant  84 metres ( my business partner broke the other 16m in a fit of anger ) is playing ball winding in or out perfectly and then it thinks, hang on im not having this ! I'm gonna snag myself on that wheelie bin wheel, branch of a small bush, tiny edge on a slab, pointing on a wall, or anything else that I couldn't snag on if I tried !

It becomes a challenge between man and hose..

Hose usually wins !

There ends the scripture

AAArrrggghhhh

Oh yeah, and it once it starts snagging, it keeps on snagging again, and again, and again............ >:( >:( >:(

::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 04:52:19 pm »
I hate hoses. >:(

koopmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »
My hose is on its last legs,  it looks like Freddy Kruger got hold of it and shredded the yellow.  It has 2 brass joiners in so far and I have just bought 4 more from ebay.

I do have a brand new 100m re-enforced hose but I want to wait till this one completely dies.