Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shane O Neill

Reminder txt/email
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »
Hi lads,
Do many of you do this say after 5 days or so if people haven't bacs or sent payment ?
With some they are excellent customers & they Eventually get around to payment but I know some don't like the nudge for payment ...how do you go about it..wait or just say ahem payment pls  ::)roll

dave0123

Re: Reminder txt/email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:45:37 pm »
After five days i send a txt reminder, slow payers get charged 2.50 ... then they catch on and pay on time.. if they still carry on paying late they get dumped
Dave.

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:52:23 pm »
After five days i send a txt reminder, slow payers get charged 2.50 ... then they catch on and pay on time.. if they still carry on paying late they get dumped

Have you always charged the late payment?
If not, how did you introduce it successfully?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »
it depends! if its a day over or two then i wouldn't charge.. or if its a one off id let it sleep.. its when it happens time and time again from same customers.

Ive text the reminder... then no payment a letter gets send as a reminder a few days later 10 days or so telling them there payments overdue and the charge of 2.50 .. most pay it as they understand..some wont.. and i don't go back  ;D .. i have had a some say they where on holiday (probably porkies) so i let that slip and don't charge them the late fee, i don't mind them being on holiday its just the people who do it on purpose and jus let it sit there unpaid that rattle me!

You must state on your sheet after cleaning that they will be charged for late payment over your terms! most abide by it or as soon as you sent a text reminder that usually sort them out.

I find it works very well current debt i have at the moment is 220 quid and some of that is commercial 30 days payment anyway.
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:01:58 pm »
oh and to your other question..  no ive not always charged this.. but for the last 3 years i have. I just started putting it on my slips one day and stopped SAE envelopes when i had a huge drive to get everyone on bank transfer payments.
Dave.

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:02:16 pm »
it depends! if its a day over or two then i wouldn't charge.. or if its a one off id let it sleep.. its when it happens time and time again from same customers.

Ive text the reminder... then no payment a letter gets send as a reminder a few days later 10 days or so telling them there payments overdue and the charge of 2.50 .. most pay it as they understand..some wont.. and i don't go back  ;D .. i have had a some say they where on holiday (probably porkies) so i let that slip and don't charge them the late fee, i don't mind them being on holiday its just the people who do it on purpose and jus let it sit there unpaid that rattle me!

You must state on your sheet after cleaning that they will be charged for late payment over your terms! most abide by it or as soon as you sent a text reminder that usually sort them out.

I find it works very well current debit i have at the moment is 220 quid and some of that is commercial 30 days payment anyway.

Might instigate this for the new tax year.
£220 outstanding?! That is brilliant. I do t think I've been under 4 figures in the last 10 years!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:11:52 pm »
I used to have a constant debt of about 1500 quid to 2000 a lot paid by cheque then too that's another problem to slow and forgetful, bank transfer helps speed stuff up to specially with banking phone apps now dont even have to go on a computer.

Must admit i have had to get rid of fair amount of bad payers and slow payers over 3 years but its well worth it as you end up with a round full of fantastic payers!
Dave.

Shane O Neill

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

I think most folks are good & I find They get embarrassed when we txt them for payment, just makes me feel awkward but some have already said opps sorry will do this on standing order so dosent happen again! so it does work!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 10:21:55 pm »
i give em 14 days then send a text reminder.that usually sorts it.if they persistently pay late time and time again then i dump them.
price higher/work harder!

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »
You do feel a bit awkward at first but at the end the day its your wages and why should we wait? you make it easy enough for them as it is just to sit at a nice computer or phone and press few buttons!

If you went collecting door by door they would expect you i suppose to collect the same week the windows where cleaned.. so just because you leave a bill asking them to pay by bank transfer or even cheque.. why should that  be any different to paying you the same week?

Well that's my opinion anyway! .. once you text them once or twice over 1/2 months they start to pay it pretty fast so they don't get a text.

if they start moaning about you texting them simply explain that if i didn't do it id never get any wages at the end of this week! then say its like you only getting paid 60% of your weekly wages... would you be able to survive and feed your family just on 60% of your weekly wages or less.. but ive never had to say this lol
Dave.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 10:45:45 pm »
we always have "rolling debt".its just part and parcel of business.i dont think any of us get all our money in.

im still owed money from november last year but ill get it eventually! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dave0123

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 10:53:35 pm »
a business runs on cashflow mate most important thing!

as i said my debt stands at 220 pounds i most most of mine in with a tiny small rowling debt.. huge differnce than it was few years back at 1500 pounds constantly owed if not more
Dave.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 10:56:18 pm »

Ive text the reminder... then no payment a letter gets send as a reminder a few days later 10 days or so telling them there payments overdue and the charge of 2.50 .. most pay it as they understand..some wont.. and i don't go back  ;D .. i have had a some say they where on holiday (probably porkies) so i let that slip and don't charge them the late fee, i don't mind them being on holiday its just the people who do it on purpose and jus let it sit there unpaid that rattle me!

Can I see your payment slip ?

I find it works very well current debt i have at the moment is 220 quid and some of that is commercial 30 days payment anyway.