Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chanster00

Condensation in back of van
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:03:58 am »
AM SICK OF IT!

HOW CAN YOU GET RID OF CONDENSATION IN THE BACK OF THE VAN DURING WINTER?
 will theses vents that spin on the top help?

Jonny 87

Re: Condensation in back of van
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:16 am »
Yeah that would do the trick .

Is your van ply lined?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

chanster00

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:24:46 am »
Yeah it's plylined if I hang a coat up in the back it's soaked the next day! In the summer it's fine

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:01 am »
Do you heat put a heater in your van overnight?. I am asking because the only times i have had major condensation problems in my van was over last winter, when i 1st had the opportunity to do this. The next morning i would come out and find the inside literally running with water!. So far this winter, i have not had to put a heater in there!.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:26 am »
You will always get condensation in the van over winter. A wet brush head left in the van will create condensation overnight.

The best you can do is try to limit it by reducing the moisture you introduce inside during your working day.

Before we put the hose reel/s back in the van, we put a hoselok connector on the male inlet which is sealed with silicone. It stops water dripping into the van. The other end has a female hose stop. If the hose is wet then we put a towel underneath it to catch any drips.

We drain the pole hose down each time we put a pole into the van and shake off any excess water in the brush head. Don't leave wet towels/cloths in the van overnight.

Despite the precautions, we still get condensation on the van roof, but not dripping wet as some experience.

There are days when the air is laden with moisture and you will trap that in the back of your van when you finish at the end of the day. It can be seen on the inside of most car windows these days. We try to work with the van doors open when we can to allow it to dry out, and I often use a dry towel to dry the condensation off the roof in the morning.

Yes, those air extractors (Fettner vents) will help provided there is some wind to get them to work. However, they will also suck out any warmth you are trying to keep in the van during the night to stop your system freezing up.

You could also try a humidifier and see if that reduces the problem.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:27:56 am »
As Spruce says, it's just one of them things.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robert mitchell

www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

koopmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:04 pm »
I got that double foil bubble wrap from B and Q and some spray on glue and stuck it onto the sides and roof.  It helps a little but its mainly for insulation.

I also use it to separate the front and the back of the van.  I glued it to the roof and let it hang down,  this allows me to have my poles sticking through it.