Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

One Man, full days setup, how do you guys go about it.
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:07:58 pm »
Hi fellas, am looking at getting a larger van with tank fitted etc something along the lines of vivaro, traffic and was planning on 400l tank with some barrels.

My current setup is a transit connect and just using a trolley with a lot of barrels and some jobs off ladders etc.

Was just curious as to what you guys working say 7 hours a day setup is, as in van, tank size and how much water you expect to use a day. Also how you fill your tank, do you buy from others, have a unit? (How much are these to rent on average?) Or fill from home? And any other bits that you want to add in that is part of your day/setup.

For me personally filling from home is a nightmare as no parking, have been using the trolley setup and humping barrels through the house down to the van, am hoping to either buy from someone or rent a unit myself.

As said just curious to see how people go about doing a full days work with their setup as hopefully this will help my decision when I come to get a new van etc in the coming months.

Cheers, Tom

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: One Man, full days setup, how do you guys go about it.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »
We are 2 man. 250ltr tank. Fill up from home, DI only.

Pole the tops, trad the bottoms.

Our work is very very compact so doing it this way works a treat.

90% of our work is a minute drive to my house so filling up again half way thru the day is easy, and takes minutes.

Who ever is using the pole will also pole any bottoms that are time consuming to trad.

Easy, love it.  ;D

Simon Mess

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »
I have a transit connect, a 230 lwb, with a 500l diy system. That is plenty for me, in fact i am pretty sure i could manage with 350l.

TomSE

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »
Sounds like you've got a great round James!

Simon with a diy system when telling the insurance about it did you have any problems? All my quotes have insisted I have a garage fit it.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:36:41 pm »
kangoo with 350L tank at present but ive took two barrels with me some days to make it up to 400L but no room now i have gas bottle and heater.its cramped at the moment.

350L does me most days but if i have a conny roof or really filthy first clean or two to do im running out of water.

im also gonna get a vivaro/trafic or primastar in a few months and fit a 500L tank and frame.ill also have 2 barrels taking me up to 550L if needed.

i also have various bit and bobs that i want to keep in the van(5L pressure sprayer,virosol,trad pole etc)that i struggle to fit in with all my other gear at present.

its done me for nearly 4 years WFP though.

the thing is my round has expanded,more bigger better paying jobs,commercial and domestic and add on jobs are increasingly popular esp in the spring and summer months.

id get a bigger tank mate.500L for a SWB vivaro.payload is 1100kg so that leaves you with about 550kg for all your other equipment and you.
price higher/work harder!

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:50:08 pm »

Simon with a diy system when telling the insurance about it did you have any problems? All my quotes have insisted I have a garage fit it.

No, none at all, they never even asked where it had been fitted!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »

Yes mate its great, plus I bought my mates round about 5 years ago which is in the same town, and combined the two, so I can literry drive to any street in my town and I have customers on that street.  :D

roundbuilder

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:22 pm »

Jammy fecker

Yes mate its great, plus I bought my mates round about 5 years ago which is in the same town, and combined the two, so I can literry drive to any street in my town and I have customers on that street.  :D

TomSE

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:57:30 am »
Daz do you find that there are quite a few jobs that are quicker/easier with a trolley? In my case I have found this to be true, however I would say this may be down to having one house here and there rather than a compact run of houses in a row.

Haha James thats great but you must bump into customers all the time when your out and about! Mini celebrity status lol

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:07:46 am »
Daz do you find that there are quite a few jobs that are quicker/easier with a trolley? In my case I have found this to be true, however I would say this may be down to having one house here and there rather than a compact run of houses in a row.

Haha James thats great but you must bump into customers all the time when your out and about! Mini celebrity status lol

Im scared to go out my own front door because I clean the windows for about 15 people I think and im always late cause I hate doing them  ;D