Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetmonsters

wine away
« on: March 14, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »
has any one used this product from lake land

steve

carpetclean

Re: wine away
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:21:45 pm »
yes i have used it and though it workd  a good micro splitter  spotter will do it jsut as good if not better
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

tony harrison

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 05:24:17 pm »
Great product I have tried to get it in larger containers but up to now no joy.

I  have had fantastic results with wine away and also micro/s both giving good results but none better than the other.

If anyone knows where I can buy wineaway from in larger amounts please let me know

fibresafe

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 05:26:41 pm »
Wine-away's not available in the UK yet in larger quantities  >:(

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:20:36 pm »
I thought you could  buy as much as you wanted, certainly in 5 litre containers have seen it advertised
 somewere
 yes it works well , but i have had just as good results with cold water ;D
 Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 02:16:49 am »
Steve

Yes!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetclean

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 06:22:55 am »
you can become agents if you wish for wine away as i did but found no market for it its quite simple and you can buy as much as you like. if you contact the company in america they will put you in cantact with the english wholesaler who will be happy to supply at a slightly discounted price on condition you buy in bulk
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

woodman

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 02:56:28 pm »
This morning;

Beige 80/20 cut pile with red wine stain centre of room, removed with Wine Away in about 5 minutes, £48.00 call out charge ;)

You can buy as much as you want but not in 5lt containers, not in this country any way.

I would qualify this by saying that I have acted as an agent for Wine Away and have sold loads of the stuff over the internet.Mainly to domestic clients who are already aware of the product but have trouble obtaining it in this country.

carpetclean

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 07:41:00 am »
no 3 spotter wine glass of wine all over the carpet and wall one week old prayed on no 3  and its gone including on the wall . cost of  wine away !!? cost of spotter!? about 5th of the price
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

tony harrison

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 12:06:55 pm »
In all due respect I dont think the cost of whatever you use is an issue as long as it works.

After all you should be charging the client accordingly ( and most expect that  anyway ).

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:48 pm »
Lady dropped a bottle of NZ red unopened which hit a bottle of Grenadine which shattered. An area of 1/2 sq mt of pale green wool soaked. No3 and a good rinse,,, magic.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

carpetclean

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 07:09:43 am »
what do you mean the cost is not imprtant of course it is! why are we doing this!!? if you can get the same rsults with a cheaper product then why use an expensive one common sense i would say!! no offence
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 11:47:43 am »
Are some of you seriously suggesting that using microsplitters on red wine stains completely remove the stain?
p.s I am not being pedantic - just never tried m/s on wine before.

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:07 pm »
As someone who has done stain removal for many years on behalf of the insurance industry, can I just mention that no 2 stains are alike.

Many times I have gone out and a simple spray with various products over the years, and magic, the stain disappears.
However on others no matter what you try, you just can't completely remove it.
It all depends on the fibre, what was spilt, what the customer has done to it, don't believe what they tell you.
In short there is no one magic product out there.

Mike Roper

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 09:43:24 pm »
Agree with John there! To me the main thing is if it hasnt been touched you have alot greater chance of doing something with it. I removed a bad red wine spill from an 80/20 with woolsafe microsplitter & water flush no problem the other week . I tested a reducing agent & it also worked but went for the least harsh treatment .The thing was they hadnt touched it! Other spills that had been messed with or were old would be another story.
Mike

clive

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 01:22:17 am »
Never moved a red wine stain with either m/s or winaway though it smells nice!
The only thing I ever get red wine stains out with is chemspec spray n go or more recently and even better alltechs chem.

Clive

Liahona

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:33 am »
Can anyone tell me where I can get this Wine Away from and also what is a number 3 spotter? Cheers, best, Dave.

carpetclean

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 09:37:28 am »
hi dave no three spotter is from solutions but amtech also do a good one called zip it. just oput in wine away on the world browser and contact the american company who will then put you in contact with the english distributor
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Liahona

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 06:32:42 pm »
Thanks and I have done so. I think it is a product I already use just under a different name but I will test it against what I have and let you know. Best, Dave.