Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: What did you think of CARPEX this year?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 11:32:59 am »
...water would be dumped as soon as it became unnacceptably soiled...

Rob, if you are commenting about recycled water, then let me just say that, as I was told by CFR sales people, the machine stops working as soon as filters and water get dirty.

Regards,

Arthur

carpetclean

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 11:46:46 am »
arthur the water filters are very good and you would have to clean really grubby carpets for them to bl;ock i did a renovation job last sinday where builders had trashed them water was filthy but filters still worked.regarding the wand and the hand toold you can go over the same spot several times and it will not over wet you can even hold it satic and not over wet i have the rdm and you are right it works in the same way even though they are different systems
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

boshravie

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 02:22:59 pm »
hi arthur
dear arthur the best way for you to know all about these C.F.R machines is to come downe to Am tech main branch in East sussex and practice plus talk it over with Karl.

Martin S

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
One thing to bear in mind with Roller wands, is that they can suffer from wear.

See my posting on 'another forum' (ending in pros) entitled 'CFR roller wand tip', dated August 10th 2005 (currently page 36). 

Can't paste the link, as it's not allowed!!

If the Wonder wand is the same design, then it could be affected over time.

Martin

Derek

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 04:09:26 pm »
The CFR roller wand and the glide wands are both push action.

I tried the glide wand but couldn't get used to how easy it flowed over the carpet...it didn't feel as though I was actually cleaning.  I therefore opted for the roller wand instead, its a bit more work but does a great job.
The glide wand was simply 'me' not coming to terms with it not a problem with the wand ...apparently the wonder wand gets the carpets dry even quicker but I haven't tried one yet.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 04:36:42 pm »
Doug, I was quoted 1200 for the woodbridge machine, which was cheap as ashbys ninja with 400 psi pump, smae vac and a 3kw heater, (not exchanger) was 1800. I was also told the woodbridge has a 450 psi pump, not 500 as you stated. Also have used this machine and the ninja and the 12 inch rear wheel on the woodbridge are brillant,

The ninja is dead, long live the ninja.

BRSL

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 10:54:34 pm »
Well if any one needed coverting to CFR that was me, and well they nearly done it, explaining the ozone and how it generates ozone in the tank and not in the solution line, had some great debates with suppliers and learnt a bit, however I found the knowledge of some people limited and theses people were supposed to be the pro's, one chap in a seminar marketing his stuff, did not know of ms's, but in all great too look at all the things you hear about but cant afford, I was like a kid in a sweat factory "look but dont touch"

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 11:20:16 pm »
James,

Why would you need OZONE machine?

To my understanding the purpose of using the OZONE is not to clean the carpet, but to sanitise it or I got it wrong?

Regards,
Arthur