Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Top 8 Solar Panel Cleaning Facts
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 06:42:26 pm »
solar panel cleaning is just another add on job to go along with conny roof,fascia,soffit and outside gutter cleaning for me.

i just clean them as and when when asked. ;) :)
price higher/work harder!

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »
Hi Guys, Beyond-Kleen is a proprietary water based Nano-technology so its safe and can be used to clean and protect the following solar energy producing technologies.
Polycrystalline solar cells
Monocrystalline solar cells
cdte solar modules
Heliostat mirrors
Flexible thin film photovoltaic cells
lpt high-temperature linear Fresnel system
concentrated photovoltaics (CPV)
high gain solar (HGS)
Micro csp solar
Tubular solar panels

Clean solar panels will produce more energy so this technology will increase throughput and reduce cleaning times required this is dependent on the contractor and the owners mutual agreement. 5 ltr Beyond-Kleen will treat between 6500 and 8000sq ft depending on how soiled the panels are. it costs €48.00 per 5 ltr of ready to use solution.
Remember Guys I am sharing this technology under no obligation but it blows me away when you are cleaning and protecting hard surfaces, go on Google to do some research for yourselves as there are many companies now promoting this type of technology as I think I have shared enough, one of the reasons I said to Dave was that some people don't see the bigger picture is because this technology goes far beyond just cleaning solar panels, it can and will put traditional cleaners,sealers,polishes, to shame as its so far advanced and can replace a multitude of these traditional type products.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »
Hi Guys, just to the question on wax, I have been detailing vehicles for over 30 years now and realised many years ago why wax of whatever type is not the best material to protect a vehicle long term as one of the biggest problems with using traditional wax is that they soften dramatically when heated and only provide short term protection.
This was one of the reasons we went looking at other technologies and were introduced to Nano-technology six years ago on a trip to the States, Beyond-Kleen is an ideal product for vehicle protection as it can be applied to paintwork of any type including matt finishes,glass,plastics,vinyl,rubber,chrome,alloy wheels etc.
once you apply Beyond-Kleen to your alloy wheels you never again have to use traditional corrosive based wheel cleaners to clean them, as the protective strength of Beyond-Kleen allows you to clean your alloys with just water. again guys it just having more choices to provide your clients with and again if you do your research on google there are many companies promoting similar type technologies.

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 11:08:48 am »
Hi Tadgh.

Is this the same product that you have sent me samples of? If so, come March, I hope to be testing it and will monitor its performance for a season.

Another company in America sent me some stuff to test which made EXACTLY the same claims as your product. I watched their clips on YouTube and it is an astounding product, until I come to test it. It is a two-coat application. It did the job, but only to a degree. Plus and it's a big plus, their product costs £900.00 for 5 litres, yours is about £45.00. What would be the difference between their product and yours?

p1w1

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:55 pm »
Hi Tadgh.

Is this the same product that you have sent me samples of? If so, come March, I hope to be testing it and will monitor its performance for a season.

Another company in America sent me some stuff to test which made EXACTLY the same claims as your product. I watched their clips on YouTube and it is an astounding product, until I come to test it. It is a two-coat application. It did the job, but only to a degree. Plus and it's a big plus, their product costs £900.00 for 5 litres, yours is about £45.00. What would be the difference between their product and yours?
about £855 by the looks of it...sorry couldn't resit i'll get my coat.

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:08 pm »
Hi Tadgh.

about £855 by the looks of it...sorry couldn't resit i'll get my coat.
;D Wouldn't I just love to have you working for me?!  ;D Thanks for the input! :D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:45 pm »
Hi Steve, If its the product I think it might be which is also Nano based but requires a primer then followed by a top coat but they are chemical based and yes very expensive, this technology leaves behind a super hydrophobic coating on the surface which is very hard wearing and durable can be very beneficial for specific surfaces. Beyond-Kleen is a water based Nano product derived from botanicals and leaves behind an ultra hydrophobic coating which would not be as hard wearing and durable as the product you have seen on youtube.
The samples I sent you on are highly recommended for use on solar panels plus many other hard surfaces.  Regards Tadgh

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »
Hi Steve, If its the product I think it might be which is also Nano based but requires a primer then followed by a top coat but they are chemical based and yes very expensive, this technology leaves behind a super hydrophobic coating on the surface which is very hard wearing and durable can be very beneficial for specific surfaces. Beyond-Kleen is a water based Nano product derived from botanicals and leaves behind an ultra hydrophobic coating which would not be as hard wearing and durable as the product you have seen on youtube.
The samples I sent you on are highly recommended for use on solar panels plus many other hard surfaces.  Regards Tadgh
It is the chemical based product I was referring to. I have watched a video of the water based product today. I understand the principle better now and am trying to find a use for this in my business, but I'm struggling.  We clean a lot of panels all over the UK on lots of different size and shaped installs. However, the application of this product on solar panels is very difficult in my mind. Of all the jobs we do, the only one I can think of where I could make sure I applied the product in a thorough way is this: http://www.solar-panel-cleaners.com/solar-panel-cleaning-staples-northamptonshire

It's very rare to get a layout like this though. My other main concern is selling this invisible coating product to Joe Public who knows next to nothing about it, on panels on their roof that they cannot access, physically check to see if it's working, or monitor to see if there is an increased output on the panels. These are all jobs they cannot likely do themselves. Not just that, but I'm asking top dollar from them for the privilege. People are already wrongly sceptical about the benefits of solar panels as a whole and solar panel cleaning, let alone trying to sell them an invisible coating.

I can definitely see benefits and uses for the product on car alloy wheels and many other applications. The tech works, no doubt. But the public are not yet aware of it broadly and therefore will likely not spend their hard earned cash on it. You have said in previous posts that people do not see the bigger picture, but with solar panel cleaning, I see the bigger picture more than most. For me to offer it as an option to clients now would be more damaging to my brand than bring benefits. I've worked on and honed my pitch and got good at it. It is relatively simple and does not need a hard sell. I just feel that this product would and that's not my style, sorry.  :(

rosskesava

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2014, 11:46:44 pm »
The samples I sent you on are highly recommended for use on solar panels plus many other hard surfaces.  Regards Tadgh

I just love it when sales people use the latest buzz words.

Nano product = waffle.

Derived = made from

Botanical = to do with plants, trees, etc.

And what the hell is an 'ultra hydrophofic coating' in simple plain English?

Highly recommended by who exactly?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Dave Willis

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 09:30:01 am »
Ultra Hydrophobic means very hydrophobic (water repellent)
The thing is the magic coating won't produce any more electricity than a clean one. All it does is try and keep it cleaner for longer.

I'm always skeptical of the benefits of these wonder products. When you buy a new vehicle they offer a similar sevice. The sales rep must be on commission to push it, same as the GAP insurance. Once the car is coated and the upholstery sprayed how many of us can see the difference? They tell you it will add to the resale value of your car. Can't see it myself.

The product could be applied after the manufacturing process but they don't - why?

8weekly

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 10:25:01 am »
The samples I sent you on are highly recommended for use on solar panels plus many other hard surfaces.  Regards Tadgh

I just love it when sales people use the latest buzz words.

Nano product = waffle.

WRONG! He's been selling little waffle cloths for ages.  ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:02 pm »
Ultra Hydrophobic means very hydrophobic (water repellent)
The thing is the magic coating won't produce any more electricity than a clean one. All it does is try and keep it cleaner for longer.

I'm always skeptical of the benefits of these wonder products. When you buy a new vehicle they offer a similar sevice. The sales rep must be on commission to push it, same as the GAP insurance. Once the car is coated and the upholstery sprayed how many of us can see the difference? They tell you it will add to the resale value of your car. Can't see it myself.

The product could be applied after the manufacturing process but they don't - why?

I know somebody who used to work for a secondhand car dealer (nearly new cars) and they used to offer a paintwork sealant product applied for £200 quid , they would also sell a double application for £350 ...........they rarely actually applied it  , just took the sticker out of the box to put in the windscreen to say it had been done.

A friend of mine brought a kit to apply himself for £40 ,nice and shiny but didn't really last any longer than a normal wax.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »
Hi Dave, I agree with you i am a skeptic myself about all the new and different technologies which are available today, but like i said i am sharing this info under no obligation to anyone, i did recommend for people to google the information as there are many companies promoting similar technology to Beyond-Kleen, as for people seeing the bigger picture i was referring to all the other uses for this technology as its use for cleaning and protecting solar panels would only be a tiny % of the many uses it has, again i wont go into the many uses as it might upset to many people. After all this is a forum for members to share and exchange ideas and experience or so i thought.

andyM

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »
Hi Dave, I agree with you i am a skeptic myself about all the new and different technologies which are available today, but like i said i am sharing this info under no obligation to anyone, i did recommend for people to google the information as there are many companies promoting similar technology to Beyond-Kleen, as for people seeing the bigger picture i was referring to all the other uses for this technology as its use for cleaning and protecting solar panels would only be a tiny % of the many uses it has, again i wont go into the many uses as it might upset to many people. After all this is a forum for members to share and exchange ideas and experience or so i thought.

You are "sharing this info"?
Pull the other one.
You are plugging one of your products which you seem to do on a regular basis.  ::)roll
One of the Plebs

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:28 pm »
Well andyM, hope you have gained some knowledge from the topic, and you might share some ideas on other new technologies when you come across them, i for one am always open to new ways of cleaning and will always check them out and make an informed decision before i share my thoughts on them.

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »
Well andyM, hope you have gained some knowledge from the topic, and you might share some ideas on other new technologies when you come across them, i for one am always open to new ways of cleaning and will always check them out and make an informed decision before i share my thoughts on them.
Any thoughts on my post above Tadgh? I think its tough to apply on solar, if it could be sprayed onto clean panels at height though......

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »
Hi Steve, I will give you a call during the week, as its time to park this one.

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:36 am »
Hi Steve, I will give you a call during the week, as its time to park this one.
Ok