Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

Diesel burner
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:17 am »
I have a old tm which I'm stripping apart and rebuilding to use as a back up machine and as a project to keep me busy in the quite months. Does anyone use a diesel burner or LPG burner to heat their water.  I'm thinking of taking out the old heat exchangers and using a burner to have higher wAter temps.
Any fors and against.
Many thanks
Luc

Mike Halliday

Re: Diesel burner
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:49 am »
I used one For ten years, they do a fantastic job, massive amounts of heat.

But the heat is hard to control as as it fires up it gives a massive spike in temperature

Also you need a chimney fitting as it will blacken the inside of your van
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Adrian Walton

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:50:55 pm »
Do you think that the machines that have them fitted like the masterblend Eldiablo have this problem controling heat.
when your cleaning and are opening and closing the valve on the wand does the boiler keep firing up or run constantly.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »
I fitted mine with a pressure bypass that when I let go of the trigger the water bypassed back into the fresh tank and controlled temp with the thermostat, so rather than stop & start every time I pulled the trigger the burner kept going but the water went back into the fresh rank, this stopped the spikes

Luc

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 02:03:46 pm »
Mike what do you use for heat now then on your tm? The standard heat exchangers?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »
I use a Heat exchanger but also my freshwater tank has a heater coil inside, this is plumbed into the van radiator system.  as I drive around it heats the water

So the water entering the heat exchanger is already hot, this creates steam temps'(if I want) at the wand

Luc

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 06:57:55 pm »
Mike is that similar to what the bane machines use. Did you add that yourself? That's a pretty good idea

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:04:35 pm »
It's a bane that I use.

andi wilson

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 07:37:41 pm »
Any chance we could see what your setup looks like Mike..?