Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

Re: topic seems to be locked
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 09:18:51 pm »
I think the chinese are doing a great job developing lighter stronger poles all the time.
thank god for the chinese else we would all be using harris poles.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

gary999

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »
oih! nothing wrong with  harris poles >:( ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 09:26:20 pm »

Wanna bet? did you ever use an early Ionic pole??

Read my last post very carefully & understand each word- otherwise it's pointless responding.

Yes I did use an early hiddeous dead heavy Ionics pole. I couldn't reach the top two clamps with the pole upright.

Someone I worked with sometimes also bought one of their first carbon fibre poles and I think, but I could be wrong, he paid about £2 000 for it. Regardless of the actual price, it was to me, an incredible sum of money.

That was 2002, or 2003? I can't remember exactly but I'm certain Gardiners wasn't around then.

Anyway, the thing that the Chinese are incredibly good at is taking a product, copying it to an extent and then bringing out their own version that's cheaper because their costs are so much lower due to very low wages, etc.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

windiewasher

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »
oih! nothing wrong with  harris poles >:( ;D
I know mate but the chinese carbon fibre poles are much better
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

PoleKing

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »

Wanna bet? did you ever use an early Ionic pole??

Read my last post very carefully & understand each word- otherwise it's pointless responding.

Yes I did use an early hiddeous dead heavy Ionics pole. I couldn't reach the top two clamps with the pole upright.

Someone I worked with sometimes also bought one of their first carbon fibre poles and I think, but I could be wrong, he paid about £2 000 for it. Regardless of the actual price, it was to me, an incredible sum of money.

That was 2002, or 2003? I can't remember exactly but I'm certain Gardiners wasn't around then.

Anyway, the thing that the Chinese are incredibly good at is taking a product, copying it to an extent and then bringing out their own version that's cheaper because their costs are so much lower due to very low wages, etc.

The 72ft Ionic Ergolite was quite heavy, 8ft closed length, really wide bottom section and was £3k bud. Think that was 2005/6...?
80ft Etreme is now lighter than 45' Ionic Swift.
Did like my Swift though.
Think its the best pole I've ever had...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

wightsurf

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 11:01:00 pm »
When I first joined this site, the hot topic was DIY trolley systems. How to get a Unger pole to 4th floor lol. Bought my green fibreglass pole from Alex with a viking brush. SALMON Brushes where also a topic. There has been lots of ideas that have been picked up on over the years and probably more in the future .  China will bring the cost down sooner or latter, but it will be the buyers choice, some will stick with what they know others will follow there wallet.