Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

immersion heater, de-ionizing water whats best
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:57 am »
Hi I have just recently installed an immersion heater into my tank but I have to clean a house before I feel the benefit of the warm water coming through the system. what can I do so that I get the benefit quicker? I know 50m microbore would be better than the 100m microbore that I am using at the moment but I have also noticed that the warm mixes with the cold in the DI resin canister which must cause the water to cool before it reaches the hose. Are there any solutions? I was thinking of de-ionising the water before I transfer it to the tank, is there any drawbacks from doing this?

???

Soupy

Re: immersion heater, de-ionizing water whats best
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:45:13 am »
You can circulate the water i.e. turn it on and let it run back into the tank.

Can't see any problem with purifying before the tank other than you can only fill up where you keep you di bottles.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Lee.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 12:40:09 pm »
Thanks Soupy,

do you know if de-ionised water has a shelf life? or will it stay de-ionised for a weekend or so?

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:34:42 pm »
No shelf like will stay pure as long as you want it I ha d a van off the road for a year and it was still good

Lee.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »
Cool, thanks Michael.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »
We heat ibc's tanks overnight in the unit and fill in the morning, pure water is good for weeks in a general environment months If sealed in an airtight container.

If you want instant hot water from the get go on the first house of the day you'll need to circulate the "hose" water back into the tank for a few mins or simply 'burn' off this water and water the customers grass/ bushes etc...    Takes about 2 mins to purge the hoses

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:56 am »
if your on the metal quick conecters , just fit the end permently to the tank so in the morning first job , hose from reel straight on to tank , pump on , then buy the time you have driven to your first job , hose and real nice and warm ready to use