Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

How many of you guys use
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »
Powdered Formula 90 by Chemspec and with what results?

Thanks
Darran

steve prince

Re: How many of you guys use
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:51:32 pm »
Hi Daz
I use liquid f90 sometimes when needed and I find it fantastic.
I've got the powder but a bit hesitant to run it through the pump ???

Darran Pryce

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »
Yea, I know what you mean.  We only pre spray first, agitate then rinse.  Just looking for alternatives than SPM.

Thanks
Darran

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:41:24 pm »
F90 powder is our standard "in tank" solution, been using it for several years with tremendous results, never had any problems with it doing any damage to pumps

steve prince

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »
I'm nearly out of spm but have bought some micro x from cleansmart! It's just as good as spm as their so similar.
With f90 liquid, the lightest dilution ratio is safe on wool  :o

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 07:22:18 pm »
You do know that SPM & f90 are two different class of chemical? You can't really replace SPM with f90

F90 is a detergent

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Adrian Walton

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »
I reckon powdered f90 is the best detergent you can get i've used it for years in both truckmount and portable with no effect on pumps what so ever.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:40:37 am »
I use f90 as a pre spray depends on what you are cleaning it has good grease cutting abilities I'm sure John Martin said ultimate master was a micro splitter ish, seems as though cleansmart and solutions are after the same customer but there is not one pre spray that does it all you do have to mix and match.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 09:10:22 am »
SPM is one of the best pre-sprays on the market as it works on a wide range of soils, you are using it as a pre-spray or as a rinse?
I've heard people make expansive claims on the effectiveness of a rinse agent but actually they play a very small part in the process. If your pre-spray has done its job and loosened the soils in the carpet then it will come clean without the aid of a powerful rinse agent, indeed the safest rinse agent is an acid.

Simon

john martin

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:42 am »
I use f90 as a pre spray depends on what you are cleaning it has good grease cutting abilities I'm sure John Martin said ultimate master was a micro splitter ish, seems as though cleansmart and solutions are after the same customer but there is not one pre spray that does it all you do have to mix and match.

Shaun

Think i was trying to get at a definition of Microsplitters   :)

To put SPM in seperate class of chemicals to detergents gives it a distinction it or other microsplitters dont deserve imo .

It is not like its some new technology  ... its contains detergent ingredients  , sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate .

So if it also contained a drop of Alcohol Ethoxysulfates  ... suddenly its classed a traditional detergent  . I dont get that ... is there some some study that concludes that a drop of AES is detremental to carpet cleaning or that a detergent is more suitable for carpet cleaning without it ... if so where is this study .

To me the whole MS(or non detergent ) thing is marketing nonsence designed to creat a niche in the CC chemical market by rebranding standard detergent ingredients as a new technology .

Glynn

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »
At last, thanks John .
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 10:16:41 pm »
It does make you wonder what is actually Eco friendly or the reverse what is not dreamed to be Eco friendly, some products will be ridiculously ott I bet.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 10:34:20 pm »
Spm is mainly stpp which is used as a builder that is added to most detergents we use.

Sodium Trisphophate

One of the common usages of STPP is as an ingredient in detergents and soaps. Most gel, liquid, tablet, and powder forms of both laundry and dishwasher detergent contain it. Its key function is that it allows surfactants, which are molecules that help dissolve surface dirt, to work at their full potential. The chemical can also soften hard water for easier foaming and cleaning, and it helps prevent dirt from sticking to the surfaces of the object being cleaned. Many general household cleaning products, including surface and toilet cleaners, contain STPP.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »
STPP is the sodium salt of triphosphoric acid Largest producers in the world China now mix it with  Na2CO3 1.5H2O2 you would be well on the way IMO to spm
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 12:11:49 am »

Most of the microsplitter products are STPP  ...

However SPM according to its data sheet is Sodium Carbonate ( aka washing soda or soda ash )   and  an oxidizer ( Sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate  ) 

Why Sodium Carbonate insted of STPP  ..   its probably cheaper

anyway they are all standard Detergent ingredients     :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 07:44:52 am »
Flour and eggs are cake ingredients, does'nt make them an actual cake.

SPM is closer to a detergent as it does have a couple of extra ingredients but normal microslitters is (I think) quite a way  off a traditional detergent, and we need to compare like for like, MS is a prespray not an in tank detergent. so really if we want to make a comparison we should compare  the ingredients to something like power burst or traffic lane cleaner
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »
Flour and eggs are cake ingredients, does'nt make them an actual cake.

SPM is closer to a detergent as it does have a couple of extra ingredients but normal microslitters is (I think) quite a way  off a traditional detergent, and we need to compare like for like, MS is a prespray not an in tank detergent. so really if we want to make a comparison we should compare  the ingredients to something like power burst or traffic lane cleaner

Mike ,  the main cleaning constituent of any of the Carpet powders i can think of is usually either  STPP or  Sodium Carbonate  ,  same goes for laundry powders etc .

However in most detergent products its complemented by couple of other ingredients fo example a wetting agent like a non ionic surfactant .

What im getting at is who decided that removing the surfactant is either benificial or
allows what remains to called something other than a detergent .
To me its just a less complex version of the detergent product .

Take a product like Ultimate Master for example  ....   many at this stage would put it into a traditional detergent catagory and to some they would considered ' old ' technology . Whereas a microsplitter or SPM to them would considered a newer technology .

But look at the ingredients  ....
Ultmate Master is 30% complex phosphates ( STPP) as its main cleaning constituent just like the Microsplitter products .
But Ultimate master then adds some additional ingredients benifical for effective cleaning although perhaps not essential as the main ingredient would probably do a pretty good job on its own as shown by MS users .   However it adds a small amount of wetting agent  , carbonates , water softener to aid cleaning .

Now Ultimate Master is a similar but more complex product to an STPP Microsplitter or SPM  ....   so  does it deserve to called a traditional detergent in an outdated derogatory way  ....

Like i said if there was a study that could be refered to which would offer a proven theory as to why the less complex STPP detergent products ( marketed as Microsplitter or non detergent ) is advantageous  to CC that would be something ....

But to me this stripped down detergent seems to a purely marketing invention .

Robin Ray

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 03:53:15 pm »
I suppose the two really important factors rather than what its called is how well it cleans and how much it costs. I've tried loads of chemicals but always seem to go back to certain ones simply because of their performance.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »
I suppose the two really important factors rather than what its called is how well it cleans and how much it costs. I've tried loads of chemicals but always seem to go back to certain ones simply because of their performance.

This is why spm is popular.
Customers do not care what you use, it has to work.