Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

moving george from one pc to another
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »
Hi
I have for reasons, given my laptop to my daughter, she lives away from me.
I tried transferring George to a memory stick but it wont have none of it just cant get the program to open.
Am I right that when you first purchase George you get a code and it registers with that pc?, so effectively i cant use it any where else ?

Have email Paul just waiting on a response but if anyone has any input let me know

Cheers

Bob 

david wood

Re: moving george from one pc to another
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »
have you downloaded data restore from goerge site on your new pc then download goerge on the new pc trial version and back it up from your memory stick

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:13 pm »
Bob

You should start using aworka. I was using George up until a year ago and went to aworka, its much much better.

Not that my reply helps you in your current predicament though.

But David Woods' reply sounds about right.

Tom

pikeman

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:11:50 pm »
This something im looking at too. I do think you need to update to the latest edition of George. What I wondered when you transfer to the new computer does you George program remain on the old computer I imagine it does.

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 08:34:53 am »
have you downloaded data restore from goerge site on your new pc then download goerge on the new pc trial version and back it up from your memory stick
agreed,I've done the above in the past and it works

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:21:41 am »

no i will try it later today
cheers david

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 09:25:40 am »
Bob

You should start using aworka. I was using George up until a year ago and went to aworka, its much much better.

Not that my reply helps you in your current predicament though.

But David Woods' reply sounds about right.

Tom

i actually do use Aworka
but i am finding i use the mobile app less and less and have gone more towards paper for the daily work so i am keeping George up to date just in case  i decide to change back and also i if i return to paper then paying £120.00 a year for a program when i have George which is free in terms of yearly cost doesn't make sense

MWC

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 09:47:45 am »
Go to my computer and into your hard drive (c:/) and there should be a folder called George (c:/george)

Copy the whole folder over onto the memory stick and into the new hard drive, create a desktop icon if you wish

Everything should run fine without the need to backup

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »
Bob,

What you needed to do on your old laptop that you give to your daughter was backed up your data only when closing George and it asks do you want to back up? you need to click yes and save the data to the USB.

then on the other computer or laptop you are using firstly just download George program it will come up as a trial copy then download the Data restore program. Stick the usb into the computer locate the drive on the data restore to the usb stick.. and then click restore..

Thats it :)
Dave.

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »
Bob,

What you needed to do on your old laptop that you give to your daughter was backed up your data only when closing George and it asks do you want to back up? you need to click yes and save the data to the USB.

then on the other computer or laptop you are using firstly just download George program it will come up as a trial copy then download the Data restore program. Stick the usb into the computer locate the drive on the data restore to the usb stick.. and then click restore..

Thats it :)

done that dave. it will not open, some message comes up, about violation, corruption etc

ill sort it

cheers