Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

wand cleaning
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:54 pm »
Having a maintainance purge...
Any Idea on the best way to clear any blockages in the wand...I notice water dripping from the end of the wand after a pass..and it drips over the cleaned bits...damed annoying...can only think theres an obstruction somewhere...any ideas?

lee_gundry

Re: wand cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 10:02:23 pm »
valve repair kit

Lee G
cumbria

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 10:06:14 pm »
As mentioned before somewhere on here, the valve is failing, but i don't think you need change all the components, but just the small o ring on the shaft. They only cost pennies.

Dave

stuart_clark

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:12:10 pm »
Could be just a case of blocked mesh behind the jets or the o ring split on the kingston pin in the vavle,Try clearing the jets first and if that dosent work renew the pin in the valve ,Stu Clark

garyj

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 11:06:31 pm »
Could be worth running some descaler through it first to see if that helps  ( Phos or similar), MIGHT be a limescale build up.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 02:41:22 pm »
Perhaps the main valve is not dripping ( check by removing the jets) When you take the jets out you may find a tubular filter, you may also find that this has a non return valve fitted, this is put in back to front so that the water pressure opens it while spraying but it closes when not spraying. This stops the drip on the back stroke. These have a habit of furring up or getting a bit of fibre behind the ball which allows the dreaded drip. If everything is cleaned, possibly with a bit of acetic acid then with luck everything will be fine.
Bear in mind that jets do wear out and the hole gets progressively bigger, esp brass jets. If you can replace with stainless, they may be expensive but last many times longer. I tend to use plastic jets as I can obtain them from the local agricultural warehouse for 75-95 p each and last nearly as long as stainless.

Trevor

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

scott.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »
The jets close fine after the trigger is released....seems to be coming from the wand head ???