Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: alltech
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 08:36:40 pm »
carpetclean

With resects your quote try the amtech machines theur back up is second to none how do you know, have you got one? Like there tooling and Powr-Flite

John R so you know carpetclean= pete

All customer feed back is good so why hasn’t Prochem taken this on board.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 09:27:13 pm »
135 not as powerful but machines does work well and looks miles better than some of the other machines such as the Ninja and Scorpion. Unfortunatley this does matter to customers as image does count as well.

CFR500 does look good though and cant wait to try it. Only wish they would stop using that molded plastic as it looks so rubbish after a few months

You have got to be kidding, ...... Alltec's machine looks like it was designed in the early eighties ::) and using a 135psi is about as dated an option aswell. CAT and PUMPTEC are both U.S manufacturers with a great reputation for reliable & powerful porty pumps - Mr Saunders should know, he gets over to America enough.

Also if you wipe over the CFR machine with acid every now and then you'll find that it'll look like new. Works for my Ninja all the time. I wouldn't swap HDPE for marine fibreglass in a million years, no in fact a squillion years ;D

Stir stir
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

garyj

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 09:32:14 pm »
I bought the Pro Plus and thought it was a good machine for about 6 months, even I would have to admit it is  seriously lacking in performance and does now look dated.
Their website is useless as well.
But  the customer back-up if anything goes wrong is very good, and I still use some of the chemicals.

craigp

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 10:10:41 pm »
personaly i like all-tec machines, and every one seems to agree there pumps are now lacking power compared to the compitition.

i just dont get it,

there are having trouble finding relieable powerful pumps? ???

how have all the other manufactures managed it ???

can they not use the same pumps?

Phil Marlor

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 10:21:03 pm »

200 PSI pump was removed because of reliability problems and the 135psi pump was put back in and has resolved it.

Neil, changing back to the 135psi did not resolve the problem, I know one guy who is very unhappy with regards to the pump on these machines.

Anyway, I would never buy a machine with only 135 psi.

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

craigp

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 10:27:11 pm »
when replacing i think you can use a sur-flo 135psi or flo-jet 135psi is it just one thats unrelieble?

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 11:48:07 pm »
Len i only know Carpetclean Pete becouse knowing via the forum he had perchased a CFR machine i phoned him to find out for myself just what he thougt
about it. He was very helpfull, and i was gratefull for the feedback, as i may be buying annother machine this year. As for Prochem to be honest i do not know a
great deal about them other than what i have seen and read in there magazine
and from that i can only think that they are very much like the Alltec & Extracta
ect. In other words a bit behind the times compared to the new breed. However
if anyone out there in carpetcleaning land has a new Prochem dont be shy tell
us what you think about it.

Take Care John

garyj

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 11:52:57 pm »
I was cheesed off I missed the Prowler, where were they?? Yep, CFR very impressive.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 12:00:55 am »
Always had problems with Alltec pumps. I fitted a pump I bought from Extracta on my Pro Plus and has worked great since.

carpetclean

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 06:14:13 am »
alright len
 i think it was you i met at carpex. yes i do have a perfect heat and karl is a great bloke who in my opinion cares about his customers i had a slight problem and he was great about it even upgrading the vacs for me free of charge so i can use my rdm what other company would do this !!?
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

carpetclean

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 06:18:21 am »
if you want feed back on prochem ask nick holman a man who worked there for many years and still deals with them but bearing in mind he still has mates there  so his service is different to mine
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 07:49:28 am »
I am puzzled do Alltec use a special pump.

Why not buy pump elswhere, when replacing?

Is the space not large enough to upgrade to more powerful pump when origional needs replacing?

Someone said 135psi is best to start with, due to kowing how to use wand etc.

I believethat some companies market to Newbies.

Prochem seam tobe pushing Truckmounts.

In other words buy a portable see if you make it in this business then upgrade to a truckmount, that way  you keep spending they keep making money, and creaming your earnings.

If if you ivested in a Franchise you could easily be paying £100 plus a week to the company and be compelled to buy new equipment.

I confer what Neil said Paul Pearce, said to me at a discovery day that in his opinion you do not need  larger pump.so are we caught up in hype , mine is bigger than yours etc.

therapist

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 08:33:04 am »
A good and useful thread...........talking of  '' seniors '' I'm even more senior than Paul Pearce

About 7-8 years ago there were a fair number of us who purchased the CFR machines......mainly the 400 psi and the only problem anyone had, at that time, was the casing was prone to cracking due to the flexing under power.

Amtech replaced all of these and altered the design, curing the problem.

A point worth making.............the 400 psi was seldom necessary and more often than not, we were working at 200 psi with superb results.

Were I not approaching 62 years and staying in the business, I would definitely choose CFR .............incidentally, the 1000 psi and ozone machines were available at that time.

cheers

rob m

therapist

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 08:35:42 am »
Just occurred to me.............some powders are very cruel to pumps and to jets.

rob m

John Kelly

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
Gary

Could only attend on the Thursday, we were in the Ibis car park which in hindsight wasn't ideal.
I will be demonstrating the Prowler at the Flood School (Farnham)in April, exact dates to be confirmed. Also finance should be available this week.

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:34 am »
Ian i understand were you are comeing from   ie wye not use a another pump
this is something i have thought about but decided against it. Mainly becouse
there could be problems with the way the fittings ect are inside. Maybe someone with an enginereing background would be able to sort it out. I decided
to just put up with it till i get a new machine. As has already been sead perhaps
if Robert Saunders had have put as much efert into sorting these kind of problems out as he has promoting Joe Polish and fast track ect, whell you know what i mean.

Take Care John

Len Gribble

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 03:17:00 am »
Pete

John R put a spanner in the works by replying to you by name.

Sorry to question you, but as you probably know, on the forums who is who and who is not! That why I like real names, yes we did meet briefly, don’t you just love the two of them, hope Nick cleaned it before giving back.

With regards to Amtech aftercare service, have no doubt! Prochem’s questionable; Ashby’s never been a problem, think all of it is how you approach them and most importantly how the reply.

John R

Thought he had a brother.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetclean

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 06:18:55 am »
now i can put a fave to the name . regards me i dont mind people knowing who i am peter reed from surrey perhaps i will put it on my profile to save confusion.
i escaped with all my booty as i went straight home was given a lift by a kind gentleman who brought the van. i here nick, chris, and gary went straight to the pub !!
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed