Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike George

Do you clean 'fronts only'?
« on: March 11, 2006, 05:48:25 am »
A lot of my new customers ask me if I clean all the windows, or just the fronts.

I always say I do them all, but I get the impression it's common around here for window cleaners to just do fronts.

I can see the advantages from the window cleaner's point of view, especially in streets of terraced houses with alley gates, but do customers ever actually ask for this?
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Do you clean 'fronts only'?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:41:40 am »
i do a few fronts only, but charge them well!
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Londoner

Re: Do you clean 'fronts only'?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 09:24:18 am »
So many people are out all day and side or back access is now a thing of the past so yes you have to do fronts only.

If you can get a row of houses on the bounce its good money but if you just get a one off house it takes virtually the same time as a whole house. By the time you have driven round there, parked, unloaded your gear, done the job and then packed up and driven off you will take as long as if you had done the whole house.
Also Front only implies an empty house so you have to go back later for your money - more time wasted.

steve k

Re: Do you clean 'fronts only'? New
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:27:25 am »
I let all my customers know that I will not climb over fences, garages, flat roofs etc in order to clean the back.
They then usually try the "well, could you ring me so I can be in..!"

"sorry, it`s just not possible to run my round by appointment I`m afraid, I clean your area on such a day(s)...if you are in and can open the gate, I can clean the back...if not, I will clean the front only and the cost is £xxx"

Majority are happy with this, a couple have had keys made for me to open up gates and the odd couple or so have said "no thanks"
Makes me laugh when I am cleaning either side of their houses and their windows are filthy :D

I leave an envelope to all customers who are out to send me payment...I have had 2 who messed me about..they where both dumped after not sending payment for 3rd month on the run...got my money first though ;D