Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s.hughes

45ft glass fibre pole
« on: March 07, 2006, 03:29:05 pm »
Does anyone know where I can buy a 45 ft glass fibre pole. Everywhere I know of is only stocking carbon fibre which i cant afford.

Or if there is a 2nd hand one going.
All comments are appreciated.

Steve

H h20

Re: 45ft glass fibre pole
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 03:35:47 pm »
Hi Steve,i would say your best option is Gardiner pole systems,they can custom build to your requirements and they sell just the poles without brushes,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 03:37:52 pm »
probably difficult to get a glass fibre one at that height due to how painfully difficult it is to operate a glass fibre at that height...my advice is to not go there...your body will suffer...

jeff evans

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:39:12 pm »
Does it have to be 45ft ?, Gardiner do a glass fiber pole up to 38ft. the price i think is £145.00 + vat.

cheers jeff.

jeff evans

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:42:16 pm »
sorry just checked the price at gardiner it,s £159.00 + vat

jeff evans

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 03:48:07 pm »
Just an after thought, find a second hand fishing pole the right length and make yourself a diy pole, if you look on page 6 about half way down you will see the one i made it works just fine for me with one of gazzs brushes.

Cheers jeff.

stevef

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 04:45:22 pm »
Have you tried a glass pole of this size?  I have been using my 30' on and off all day ( I dont use it often) and my arms are hanging and I can't lift a pen at the moment

Steve

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 09:23:09 pm »
Its just for one Job which is every 6 months and I only need it at that height for 3 windows then I can reduce it. What I did last time was stand on a big step ladder with my pole and hold my breath. If I cant find a way round it then I will have to do it again. At the end of the day its all down to cost.

Steve

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 09:28:54 pm »
Jeff I like the idea of the fishing rod, just looked at the pics, but I dont think that I could get one that would go to 45ft with a brush on it and be safe. I could be wrong so if I am then please let me know because I know nothing about fishing or the rods that are used.

Steve

jeff evans

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 09:36:50 pm »
Hi steve

what size pole are you using on step ladders, also what height are the step ladders. Let me know for 6 windows a year it hardly seems worth it.

cheers jeff

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 09:58:15 pm »
Hi Jeff
I have to convert metres to foot on this one. I have a 10 metre pole that is 5 sections of 2 metres. My large step ladder is 2 metres Now 10 metres = 32 ft plus 2 metres = 6 ft. total 39/40 ft. Now the reason that I would want 45ft is that I dont want to extend each pole to their absolute limit which I am doing at the moment. Also I dont want to stand on a step ladder when I have a pole that is so high up.
Like you say for 6 windows its hardley worth it. So is it worth just getting a 40 ft pole and pushing it to its limit?
If theres no way round it then its something that I will have to consider. I have a few months before I next need to do the job again

Cheers
Steve

jeff evans

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 07:24:09 pm »
Hi Steve.

You would need a 15mtr pole for what you require, as the the top 2 sections cannot be used because you need to get it down to a reasonable diamater.

You would need to make a diy goose neck, i made mine from a aluminum landing net pole this just the right dia to slide the end of the pole into.

They do poles up to 16mtrs but think you would struggle to find a 15mtr one second hand. The cost of a new one would be prohibitive.

Hope this helps

Cheers JEFF.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 08:28:55 pm »
i have a 40ft pole g/f open to offeres cost over £300 + vat it is a good quality pole not like some that are not well made . its been used on two or three jobs only it stands around most of the time , as i dont do any big jobs .

shawn

send me an email shawnbrophy4@hotmail.com
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 10:35:43 pm »
How Much, I have added a No5 section to the base of the 5 section Ungers (to make it a 6 section) by making new holes at the opposite end of the base after removing the handle with a heat gun. Make a paper template and copy the sqare hloes then drill out round the lines with a small drill, knock out the waste and file to the same square shape. Fit in the green insert washers ( you can get away with just  two which gives enough grip) and fit an extra No5 cone, then simply slide in a number 4 section upside down.
If you want to go to 7 sections you need a 15" piece of the No 5 section which you slide into the base of the converted No5 then add another new No5 section.
If you want to buy these sections I have a few spares.
In practice I have been as high as a No8 section but I advise that the max is 7sections or 42ft and even then its hard work.
As you have the time, keep an eye on my Featherlight pole topic over on Matts site, I about to stick my neck out and reccomend a pole.
http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=194

s.hughes

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 11:27:17 pm »
It gives me a lot to go on and I have the time before the next clean. Thanks for all your comments

Steve

ray l

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 07:14:49 pm »
hi ya ,

i,m not 100% sure but me thinks ionic have a residential brush 40 or 45 ft
 at about £190  in their 05 broucher.

ray

Mr. S

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 10:53:52 am »
How Much, I got a 46ft allu pole I might part with! Open to offers! Also in Herfordshire

Mr. S

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 05:13:16 pm »
Sorry Hertfordshire