Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

rain work
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:46:48 am »
hi,
heard someone on here saves inside domestic work for rainy days.
remember them saying 2x outside price or if inside is done on a wet day they will do for same as outside.
was wondering how you organize this, as most customers i find the more you have contact with them, the more complicated things become.
I am trad and do work in rain(drizzle & showers)
  I carry some small letters with me now to prevent having rows, basically

says i do my best not to work in rain but some weeks this is unavoidable, if it rains during or after i have cleaned your windows, then you will still have clean windows albeit wet ones.
by only working in the rain this would have a serious affect on my business and service to yo my valued customer. hope this is use to anyone,

also advice on above i.e arranging inside work for rainy days as i getting fed up getting wet this week
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

Re: rain work
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:52:37 am »
oh yeh letter does work, when turned away i have put through door saying i don't think i can continue or won't, people have come out and said please carry on, i say i'll miss you this time but will resume normal service next month.
I am quiet and polite, people see you as easy touch, trouble is have short fuse,
letter seems to stop confrontations and giving me blood pressure

Mr. S

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:03:09 am »
Never thought of that Lee. I like the idea!

Ive jus gone wfp tops and some letter like yours might also help me too. If you put it on them that they will get a more regular/better service it could work!

I always got around the one where people say I cant afford it this month, by saying thats alright sort me out next clean. Mayb now can sort this out.

With regards to cleaning insides tried that but spent more time wasted driving about, now just do them when im there doing outsides

Cheers

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:24 am »
same as me.
goodluck mate.

Morph

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:09:47 pm »
Well I've just come home because I'm too wet.  It's been raining non stop.

I've read on here that a lot of guys keep working in the rain, and that it makes no difference with wfp.
So, I put it to the test today, about 4 hours work in the steady rain.  Thankfully everyone out.  Lets see if they complain when they get back!
If they do complain, I'll say, "but I read on the windowclean forum on T'interweb that it was ok to do it in rain!"  That should do the trick.

mark6765

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 02:19:06 pm »
Working in the rain on your own is soul destroying.
I would like to be working with someone.
Some days when all your customers are out you dont talk to anyone all day.
I have lost the will to work this week because of the weather.
Moan moan moan.  :)

H h20

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 02:33:22 pm »
 :( RAIN  :( AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH ,I HATE IT,Gaz

master cleaner

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 02:39:28 pm »
i prefer the rain to a drought order

gary

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 03:10:33 pm »
we should pass a law in parliament that it should only rain from midnight(gives us a chance to zigzag home from the pub first!) until 6 am
and never on the weekend (unless the wife gets you to cut the grass) ;D

dai

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 06:02:50 pm »
Worked through it again today. It even managed to get through my old hill walking jacket. It was a big pub and offices, the Mrs was doing the insides.
If you give the top frame a good wash and rinse, 0ppm TDS rain water will not make any difference to the end job.
I was sat in the van after, having a coffee. Steam was rising from me. I have been using hill walking boots all winter. They have a Gortex membrane, never had wet feet.
What can we do? What Ian Giles Say's is right. If we don't work in the rain our income will fall below national average. We hit 3 figures by one o'clock and packed it in. Many of us working less lucrative areas can't afford to take day after day off because of rain. I'm lucky that my mortgage is paid off. I would be more worried with youngsters and a large mortgage over my head.
Tell moaning customers that if you charged the same as they do down south, you would never have to work in the rain, and could enjoy caribbean cruises.
Dai

spotless2000

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 06:22:22 pm »
After finally getting all my equipment setup, I did my first ever wpf clean yesterday, and it was in the rain.  The customer has just phoned to say how pleased she is with eveything especially the frames and could she have them done every 4 weeks!!!!  She has also recommended me to her friends at their coffee morning this morning.  Does it get any better?

No, I know it won't always be like this, but at least it was worth taking the time to get it right on a first clean.

It does wonders for the confidence and also proves wfp in the rain works! :)

gaza

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 07:41:17 pm »
HEY I ONLY TRAINEED YOU IN THE DRY;D,SMART ARIS

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

spotless2000

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 07:53:48 pm »
There you go....

What do want to know?

If you need a days training let me know.

Your turn to buy breakfast! ;D

gaza

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 08:54:19 pm »
ha ha ha very funny,glad to hear your up and running and are making progress,
end of March canvass like a man possessed and you will be ok, wait till the second time you do the windows even faster the only thing to slow you down is bulging pockets ;D talk more at Windex

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO