Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Liahona

Need help in cleaning!
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:36:02 am »
I need help on two jobs coming up. One is in Leeds and the other one is in Edinburgh. I am not limiting this to truck mount owners but it is to clean travertine so need 1000 psi upwards and also high heat. I use 1500 psi or close too and a fuel burner so I can maintain the high heat with a large water flow so I am looking for similar. You would need insurance and all that red tape stuff but as I am sure we all carry it anyway it shouldnt be a problem. I do need a higher policy than most people carry but this can be arranged job to job as needed so it shouldnt be a problem. If it is I can get it for you. Each job should take about 3 days and my customers dont have a tight time schedule, just needs to be done by the end of April. Best, Dave.

therapist

Re: Need help in cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:07:50 am »
morning Dave

A little puzzled as to why you need such pressure and heat for this type of cleaning, unless, of course, it's an initial clean, or restoration.

Are you talking, flooring or walls ?

cheers

rob m

Liahona

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 10:41:29 am »
Rob, it is a restoration clean and it is all flooring. To my knowledge, which granted is limited, isnt most if not all cleaning of this type done at this pressure and heat? I am refering to water cleaning and not machine and brush type. The floor is in good condition just extremely soiled, again low pressure and low heat isnt so effective., but thats my opinion I am sure other people think differently, anyway I get the work because of how I do it so I wouldnt want to rock the boat so to speak.. Hope this answers, best, Dave.

therapist

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:12:10 am »
My experience of this kind of cleaning is very limited and my comments were based on my awareness of chemicals available, rather than current methodology.

Would'nt dream of contradicting your approach as you're actually doing this kind of work.

best wishes

rob m

tonyg

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 11:24:30 am »
Hi,

Iam based in the East Riding of Yorkshire and operate a Chemspec 310 truckmount with 3000 psi available.
Can you send me some details if I am what your looking for.
Plusclean

Liahona

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 11:27:20 am »
Cheers Rob, I never for a moment thought you would suggest being contradicting in your comments. Good point too with regards what is available chemical wise and on that note whenever poss I dont even use chemicals to clean with. I know this will surprise some but you know the properties that I go in to and as I said earlier I get a lot of work because of how I do things and at the end of the day, as long as the item has been cleaned to the best it can be then both the customer and I are happy. Always good to talk to you, best, Dave......... P.S. even though I am biased to my way of doing things doesnt meen I am not open to discussions on other peoles way, how else can we learn.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 01:49:32 pm »
Dave, what kind of wand do you use?  Do you use any rotary machines?
Just curios,
Regards,
Arthur

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 02:08:28 pm »
Dave

Are you cleaning wool carpets at high temp.

Liahona

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 02:24:05 pm »
Arthur, I use a Steamway wand which has an internal single fan jet. It is a very good wand arguably the best scrub wand you can get.... and no I dont use a roary machine, well having said that I do clean area rugs with them because I clean by total immersion and then use a floor machine....But on carpeting I would never use a rotary machine for many reasons but not on this thread...... Ian, no I am not cleaning wool at high temps but hard floors yes in most cases. Best, Dave.