Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeremy

Wool Blend gone brown
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:03:08 pm »
Just cleaned a short pile wool blend carpet. I thought I did every thing right. I lowered the PH to about 5, set my truck mount to low temp and low pressure and the carpet browned out.

The customer seemed reasonably happy with the clean (Carpet  was in one hell of a state as she runs a puppy day care centre and the dogs seem to use the carpet as a urinal), however I wasn't happy.

I went back to the customer and flushed the carpet with water and acitic acid to about 5 PH again and the same thing happened.

I have spoken to my chemical supplier and he insists that I have done everything right but has offered a de-browning chemical to solve the problem.

However, before resorting to this, does anyone have any advice as to where I may have gone wrong and what I can do to resolve the problem

Doug Holloway

Re: Wool Blend gone brown
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:37:08 pm »
Hi,

Is the browning deep set or just on the surface , if the latter a bonnet or LM system will do the trick.

Is it browning or wick back ,  it may be your gentle approach has left a lot of dirt still in the pile.

It could just be that the carpet was too wet , I persoonally think this is more important than pH.

Cheers

Doug