Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Cleaning spot cock up
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »
Ordered a 14 inch wagtail slimline flipper and an attachment I was told would allow it to fit on the end of a water fed pole(taper type connector).

Well, I opened it this morning and there's a 12inch flipper and a useless end cap piece of plastic that won't fit on the end of any of my poles.

Phoned them to say I'd happily purchase the 14inch but expect a discount and all I was offered was free shipping. If I wanted them both I could have ordered them at the same time and still have only paid one shipping cost.

Tried to get them to knock just £5 off the 14inch but they wouldn't budge.

They wouldn't even arrange a courier collection to exchange goods, instead they expected me to repackage it, take it to the post office and ship it myself. (Costs re-embursed once they received goods). I haven't got time for this as I need to use it before the weeks out.

In the end I've kept the 12inch and had the overall cost of the order reduced by 10%. Gee thanks for that  ::)roll
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Spruce

Re: Cleaning spot cock up
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »
Please let us know how you get on with the Flipper.

I bought a swivel Unger squeege but was unable to get the swivel to work for me. What fitting did they send you as I would want to try something like this for the occassional inside cleans that take us so long.

All our trad stuff is Unger. I was told on a previous post a few months ago that it was interchangeable.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:13 pm »
Well that was a complete disaster!!

Tried using the flipper at around 25ft on recessed windows, so had to put a gooseneck on the end of an slx and then wagtail flipper on after. The angle of the gooseneck when twisting the pole just counterbalanced the swivel on the flipper so I couldn't fan the windows.

Also the pad on the flipper (IMO) is way to short to comfortably be able to flip it over the squeegee blade at 25ft.

Enjoyed using it on a bungalow that I still trad because of crusty wooden windows today though.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

robertphil

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 06:02:31 pm »
put the pad on top ,at the height ur doing you can flip it if its on top