Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Chapman

How get customers to wait?
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:37:48 pm »
Just your thoughts please on how you get your customers to wait for their cleaning when you get really booked up? - I normally get booked solid for two weeks during the summer constantly but find customers get really grouchy if they have to wait any longer than that!
I do work alone and there's only so many carpets you can clean in a week and sometimes find myself working at night aswell as the days, but would really like to spread the work out a bit more?

Any thoughts appreciated,
steve

therapist

Re: How get customers to wait?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:43:09 pm »
Steve

Sometimes you have to  ' make hay  '  while the sun shines, also, maybe you should consider you method of working and think of ways to improve your productivity.

rob m

Steve Chapman

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:33:29 pm »
I've thought about employing someone else but worry about the quiet times, would it be better to sub contract when i'm really busy or is this not a good idea?
steve

therapist

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:28:22 pm »
If you really have a problem, with too much work, the best solution might be the classic answer..............increase your prices and make more money for less work.

rob m

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:42:29 pm »
I agree with Rob about the prices.

I send out a newsletter in traditionally quieter times so to get my customers to buy when I want them to so it leaves naturally busier times for new customers. I have got a 2 week waiting list most of the year but Xmas may be 2 months.

I usually tell them that I get so busy for a reason and that is a thought provoking moment for them to say "I better book now" but remember you can't win them all.

Shaun

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:08:08 pm »
If a regular customer wants you when you are booked up, why not book them at some point in the future and offer them a discount for that clean, promising a similar discount for "booking ahead" next time.

Alternatively, how about different prices for "peak" and "off peak"

Shaun makes some very good points in the last post.

PaulKing

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 08:08:43 pm »
Just mention the competion has bird flu! And a wonky eye!
Works every time ;D
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Steve Chapman

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 08:29:05 pm »
Andrew,
Good suggestion about booking later and offering a discount, would be a nice incentive for them cheers :)

Paul,
May try the bird flu if i get really desperate ;D
regards
steve