Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

Eating through pressure switches
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »
Im having to replace pressure switch every few weeks to a month where flow eventualy just stops where switch fails. is the reason that the switches keep breaking because i dont use a flow controller and just use a shut off valve, the switch clicks constant whislt in use, is this normal?? Never had this problem when had varistream controlers.
Also does it matter what connection i attatch to on shureflow?? I always connect to the top connectorwhich is the live im guessing then also the bottom connector never the middle 1.
Other vAn has flowjet and never have any probs with that.

Help or advice would be great.
Cheers.

roundbuilder

Re: Eating through pressure switches
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:08:02 pm »
Oh also the pressure switch replacements im buying are the maplins ones, should i be getting a different brand maybe??.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »
Have you tried adjusting the pressure cut-off by turning the grub screw on top of the pump?
Sounds to me that the pressure cut-off setting is wrong, as it shouldn't be constantly cycling on and off like that.
No wonder the switches are burning out.
Another way is to add a relay to protect the pressure switch as recommended by Peter Fogwill, although I've never really had to do that myself.
There's definitely something wrong if you are constantly burning the switches out!
One of the Plebs

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:16:03 pm »
Grub screw??
Do i have to take anything apart to get to grub screw?
I only know of the 3 screws that take the switch housing off.
Cheers

andyM

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »
There should be a small grub screw on top of the pressure switch housing.
You need a small allen key (2mm I think?) and by turning the screw you can raise or lower the pressure cut-off.
One of the Plebs

roundbuilder

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:51 pm »
Ahhh found it. Nice 1.

stuart mc

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »
adjust it while the pump is running, turn it until the cycling stops, can't mind what direction