Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr hewett

problem with tarmac cleaning?
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:43:22 pm »
hi all, Can any one help ive got a job to do for a client its on tarmac about 600 meters my trouble is i cant seam to get the pressure right when cleaning tarmac with the whirlaway floor machine ,Ive tryed half pressure on cold,also full pressre on cold also tryed useing hot machine on a low pressure but all ways it seams to either leave rings on tarmac or small pot holes from the rotary arm i thing you experience guys no what im trying to say, also theres a small amount of paint that needs removing advice on both matters would be greatly appreciated thanks in advace!!!!!

preston powerblast

Re: problem with tarmac cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:27:55 pm »
The paint is a pain, but a fan jet lance held a good way off usually does the.
But get too close and as you said it holes it.
I have found that this is something that you get to grips with experience.

Paul Forster

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:47:54 pm »
I would steer clear of tarmac. washing it is unlikely to do much for the aperance. Having said this i did clean a small area to remove dirt after building work and found a wide nozel as sudgested by Garry to work well

Ged

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:19 pm »
in my experience customers who want tarmac cleaning are under a false expectation that when you've done it will look nice and black like when it was first applied. sorry and all that but it never does, maybe they should get the tarmac guys in to spray it .

ged

keith b

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:38:23 pm »
Getting paint off of tarmac is near on impossible!

Its best if you buy some "black ashphalt sealer" from any DIY or hardware store, and lightly brush on the paint stains, not too heavy with the coating as it will look patchy!

There are some chemical to clean tarmac,

Take a look at :www.swiss-seal.com

good luck

mr hewett

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 09:54:17 pm »
Thanks chaps for your replies, I think the fan jet is the only way forward if i am going to try it as gary said the main objective seams to be tread carefully at a distance, Ill give it a go !!!!

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:39 am »
hi ,

i also treat my with a mosskiller,or a non toxic product from aglon.
mark