Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

Reference Request
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:04 am »
Had a commercial client request references , Is it better to get references done then email them across or supply contact details . Mike

George P

Re: Reference Request
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:45:31 pm »
id get one done then send it across,

gordonswindows

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »
Always contact details, let people talk to people directly

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:46 pm »
They want written refrences so they can compare mine agsinst 2 other companies which have quoted for the job .

I am get them done today and emailing them across , just wsnted opinions
The refrences are from 2 long term commercial custys . Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »
It's always puzzled me why people even ask for references.
It's not like you're gonna pick the two worst paying PITA customers is it?
You're gonna pick people who say nice things about you. So will your competition.
Not a dig or anything-just my musings.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:51:24 pm »
always best to pass on references details that why its not you writing a one sided one

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:55:06 am »
To be honest lads i just picked to commercial custys were their is staff i deal with on the jobs , I just asked if they would mine doing a reference for me .

I dont know them all that well but they were more than happy to write one , Just been asked to quote for another big contract so i will be able to use those references again  . Mike

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:40:39 am »
Had a commercial client request references , Is it better to get references done then email them across or supply contact details . Mike

Either or both.

Both might give you an edge.

e.g.

Dear Sirs,

Your request for References

Please find attached a reference from MegaCorp PLC - We have been cleaning their windows on a regular basis for the last six years on an annually renewable contract basis. The contact is:-

Ms O. C. Dee
Facilities Manager
ocd@megacorp

Please also find a written reference below from Evanbiggar Ltd in Barking for whom I have been cleaning since I was trading as just "M" (we became M&M because we were such a sweet pair) back in 2003.

(Letter)

To whom it may concern; M (Now trading as "M&M Getinthebowl Toilet and Window Cleaning") is an excellent and conscientious worker. He is pleasant and polite and hardly ever wees on the carpet.

He is obedient and willing but upon seeing his reflection in the window has a tendency to chase his tail when he thinks he's seen a rabbit out of the corner of his eye.

He licks windows to cool down on a hot day and this has the benefit of both cleaning and providing amusement for many hours.

I am sure you will find M a kind and faithful companion for many years.

In the interests of honesty I must point out that I am under medication and I may have confused this reference with  my "Dog for Sale" notice being sent into "Woofit and Paws" magazine.

Yours eccentricly,

Muttley Dastardly
Manager

(end letter)

I hope this enables you to see that we are a cleaning firm that should win your contract by a short lead and that we really are leaders of the pack.

Yours faithfully,

M&M (Incorporating Getinthebowl Ltd)

See, both is better. Or not. Depending whether you are barking or not.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 08:45:01 am »
Both refs have been done on headed paper then scanned and emailed over to me but i will be providing them with some additional info just to sweeten things .

Nice post Gold as always  ;D ;D . Mike