Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poole bay

battery, pump
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »
iv got a trickle charger that charge 2 batterys, when the batterys read over 12.5 volts, and we have both poles running when one of us unplug the other stops then starts again,or one will just die then have to start van up?? ig got 2 pumps to controllers im lost  ???

Spruce

Re: battery, pump
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:35 pm »
If the pumps run fine with the van's engine running, then it sounds like a discharged battery or one that hasn't got capacity any longer.

If you are relying on your split charge relay to fully charge your batteries then you may not being doing the mileage to achieve that.

I'm not sure of your exact setup. If you have 2 leisure batteries, each supplying a control and pump, then I'm confused how one can influence the other.

I run 2 pumps and 2 controllers from a single 105amp leisure battery without issue. My setup also has a split charge relay but I don't do many miles so need to supplementary charge the battery every few days to be sure.

If I was running 2 leisure batteries, each with a pump and controller, then I would want to run each unit seperately and have a split charge relay for each battery.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »
A couple of things come to mind

Firstly as Spruce has already said it may be that you batteries need a supplementary charge. As the trickle charge via the relay may not be enough.
Is the cable run to one leisure battery shorter than the other?

The reason I ask is that if it is and you are using one split relay electrical current will always find the shortest path which may mean one battery is not getting charged.

And are the two batteries wired inline or independently from the vehicle battery?

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

poole bay

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »
thanks guys, I have the split charger wired to 2 batteries but the batteries are wired together not 24 volts had it done at a proper place . its been fine for about 2 years but now getting problems im going to get 1 more unit put in so like you say unit for each batteries..

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »
Or the batteries could be knackered if you have had batteries for 2 yrs . Mike

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 07:59:00 pm »
Or the batteries could be knackered if you have had batteries for 2 yrs . Mike

Ditto
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)