Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

best value for money everyday domestic pole
« on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »
Looking at getting a new pole,most my work is mainly your average domestic houses.must be able to reach windows above conservatories and 3 storey houses,what's the best value for money pole on the market?

Smudger

Re: best value for money everyday domestic pole
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:57:46 pm »
If its cheap your after then clx27

But for longjeverty lightness ease of use then slx25

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:08:24 pm »
Looking at getting a new pole,most my work is mainly your average domestic houses.must be able to reach windows above conservatories and 3 storey houses,what's the best value for money pole on the market?

my  22slx with aquadaptor and carbon gooseneck reaches 3 storey ( im 6'2 btw)
if shorter than that id go with 25slx , this will do everything you want 3 storey and below.
i strip a section off my 22 if no 3 storeys as i like it as light and compact ass possible.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »
i would go for a 25 ft SLX mate just to be sure you can reach them 3 storey windows.great pole.i also use it with a mark 3 aqua-daptor and extreme brushes.

i use my 22 ft SLX though for most domestic run of the mill work but it does come up a bit short on some large domestic and commercial stuff.

full carbon are the best poles mate.cheap as well if it lasts 3 years esp with gardiners new clamps! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »
Brodex 36 ft hydra aluminium  ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 10:55:44 pm »
18 xtreme, dont waste your money with anything else

one eyed window cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »
Loving my new SLX 25 £280 But worth every penny ;-)
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:17:48 pm »
+1    Although if you have some 3 story work you would need extra section or the 25 extreme.

Scrimble

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »
+1    Although if you have some 3 story work you would need extra section or the 25 extreme.

or get 2 poles, xtreme 18 and a xtreme 25 with some extra sections

ascjim

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »
I have a clx 22. Reaches over most connys and some 3rd story. I've also got an extension to help out.

Don't bother with a slx if its only for domestic work. There is no need to have a full carbon fiber pole on anything less hen 30ft really.

clx is ideal if your only doing houses and on a budget. Fair enough to the people that spend an extra £100 for carbon fiber, that's there choice. But for me at that length is pointless and a waste of money.

ben M

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:17:38 pm »
I have a clx 22. Reaches over most connys and some 3rd story. I've also got an extension to help out.

Don't bother with a slx if its only for domestic work. There is no need to have a full carbon fiber pole on anything less hen 30ft really.

clx is ideal if your only doing houses and on a budget. Fair enough to the people that spend an extra £100 for carbon fiber, that's there choice. But for me at that length is pointless and a waste of money.
James, did you work with a slx before?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 08:43:45 pm »
Harris

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:15 pm »
i  thinking of getting a slx 18 as this will do must two storey jobs I think ??? are they any good ?? anything more then two story i get staff todo

Scrimble

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »

completly disagree, i've had all 3 clx slx and xtreme at 18ft length, and the xtreme is by far the best buy, i work faster for longer and there is less strain on my body,

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:40 am »
You still can't beat the Harris pole for most work!!

DG Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 03:26:20 am »

completly disagree, i've had all 3 clx slx and xtreme at 18ft length, and the xtreme is by far the best buy, i work faster for longer and there is less strain on my body,

It might well be the best pole but the question was best value

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 05:05:18 am »
Has to be an SLX 25  the lightness and rigidity makes it the perfect pole for everyday work i clean 3 storey townhouses with great ease . Mike

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 07:48:29 am »
ive never used an extreme pole so i cant comment on them.im happy with the SLXs and SUPERMAX poles for now.

i think when i need new poles(which wont be for a few years yet!)ill get a 25 extreme and 47 extreme.
price higher/work harder!